Windows 7 Black screen with flashing cursor in top left corner help!!

wazeight

I upgraded vista to windows 7 - windows worked then restarted computer now I have a black screen with a flashing cursor in top left corner.

I have tried recovery back to vista but didn't work.

When I restart laptop I have to options F2 and F12 NO F8 to safe mode if I use CTRL ALT DEL it just restarts laptop.

I believe its a graphic error from looking on internet, but I don't know how to but it right.
I've connect another monitor to it but it shows the same, (worth a try). I have found new drivers that will hopefully work with windows 7, but how can I install them if I can't get safe mode?

Please help!!

Press F2 and then press F8 - this works for some motherboards. If nothing helps and you do not have a recovery disk, clean install vista > do not install any drivers > upgrade to 7.

When you say "Windows worked" what do you mean? Were you actually able to log in the first time?

Have you tried booting to the install DVD and selecting the repair option?

If this is happening during the install phase, give it more time first. Is anything else happening, like the hard drive or DVD drive showing activity?

yep windows was working it was when I had loaded the activiation loader as it an OEM that it went to the black screen.

Press F2 and then press F8 - this works for some motherboards. If nothing helps and you do not have a recovery disk, clean install vista > do not install any drivers > upgrade to 7.

yep windows was working it was when I had loaded the activiation loader as it an OEM that it went to the black screen.
I have never used an OEM version, but did you follow the directions correctly? Is there any requirement for the drive to be clean or any other standards that might not have been met?

This must explain it, the loader did it ! You most likely installed a wrong crack or did not follow the instructions. Try the repair option with your installation DVD or completely reinstall your system.

Back
Top Bottom