Windows 7 Blue Screen of Death - IRQL - iastor.sys

Thanks cybercore for the link. Excellent guide, very comprehensive. Read your reference pages and their links to addition pages 51 and 52, cannot figure out how to update the sigs on another computer? Unless maybe if you had the full retail version installed on another computer and then was able to build your own rescue disk from there? Is that what we're talking about? Pages 51 and 52 are both headed by "You must have an Internet connection to update." (in red).

Trouble said:
Unless maybe if you had the full retail version installed on another computer and then was able to build your own rescue disk from there? Is that what we're talking about?

Yes. .......

Hi all,
I had the same issues with BSOD/iastor.sys and couldn't boot most times. Spent a few days trying to rollback, repair, restore, even rebuild the MBR, but nothing worked. It turned out to be a nasty rootkit infection. Had to use kapersky's tdsskiller.exe to kill it. I was able to boot into safemode with command prompt and run it (though 9 times out of ten safe mode would BSOD). Once I got it to run it took about 30 seconds to find it and kill it. See these threads and sites for more info:
Link Removed - Invalid URL
How to remove malware belonging to the family Rootkit.Win32.TDSS (aka Tidserv, TDSServ, Alureon)?
Good luck!

Thank you for sharing. Yes, viruses can cause BSOD's too - that's why for any stop error MSDN recommends virus scan:

You can also update it on another PC. Pages 30-31 of this official pdf tutorial http://support.kaspersky.com/downloads/guides/kasp10.0_rescuedisk_en.pdf.

Yes, this is to update the boot .iso on another PC running Kaspersky.

Actually when you download and burn the ISO, when you boot to the CD, it will autoconfig the network and from the interface you will have an option to update the current signatures to the most recent available. Excellent tool has recently saved my butt, actually my daughters butt, it was her laptop.

I would try this way first - easier and faster.

Hi all,
I had the same issues with BSOD/iastor.sys and couldn't boot most times. Spent a few days trying to rollback, repair, restore, even rebuild the MBR, but nothing worked. It turned out to be a nasty rootkit infection. Had to use kapersky's tdsskiller.exe to kill it. I was able to boot into safemode with command prompt and run it (though 9 times out of ten safe mode would BSOD). Once I got it to run it took about 30 seconds to find it and kill it. See these threads and sites for more info:
Link Removed - Invalid URL
How to remove malware belonging to the family Rootkit.Win32.TDSS (aka Tidserv, TDSServ, Alureon)?
Good luck!

THANKS!!! YOU ARE GOD!!!
Your post saved my butt. I was so stupid to get this malware, and u saved me after 2 days of searching for solutions.
Thanks, thanks again!!!

Back
Top Bottom