Windows 7 Bluetooth and Headphones for PC

Steven Luppino

Hi;

I accidentally bought a pair of wireless headphones for the computer, and found I was missing the Bluetooth adapter so I got one and connected it to the computer. Then I installed the driver that came with it and got the speakers to work ok but found the sound was awefull, like the volume at full is not very loud and you cant even adjust the equaliser settings.

I know it looks complicated (is it?) to set the thing up to work properly, if that is the problem (or maybe the headphones that are bad) because Im not good with these things and cant tell.

In case it was I was wondering if anyone could be kind enough to drop a few quick and easy to follow steps about how to set it up properly and for it to work as well with the equaliser which is with a Realtech Audio Driver control panel.

Thanks.

Hi,
make sure you have the audio manager settings set to Headset/Headphones . If you look under the sound effects tab you should see a checkbox to enable the equalizer. Post back if your seeing different.

Thanks.

I dont have the Headphones listed at the top of the Audio Manager, nor in the drop down box to change the setting. How do you get it there?

Last edited:
Hi Steven,
when you plug your headset in does it appear then?

It can depend on which type of set up you have. My system won't recognise my headphones but it's a cheap set with 3.5mm jacks.
headsetb.jpg
It only appears as a set of speakers. However i also have some third party software which came with the motherboard which does see the headphones.

Can you post the details on the headset please.

It is a wireless bluetooth set made by Audio Technica. I also bought a pair with a 3.5mm jack to be sure so I can still use that one. Im just curious to hear what the wireless ones would sound like once working properly. The equalizer settings work fine with the wired ones like yours do on yours I can gather, but yeah, trying to get the wireless ones to do the same is the trick I cant seem to perform to well.

Last edited:
Back