Windows 8 Boot Repair Disk Problem on Windows

Blaine Bullman

I downloaded and used the Boot Repair Disc on source forge.net

It installed and I was told to remove the disc and close the tray before running a restart. I clicked OK it shutdown fine. But on restart it was just like after quite a few Windows Updates after restarting a dark grey/black blank screen and no flashing hard disk drive light for nearly 4 hours now. My question is has this system crashed or is this normal.

I left the computer on all night from yesterday 17.25 hours still no Windows but a black screen. Installed the disk again (nothing) but after a restart filled the screen with lines of code and description.

Screen-Shot-2014-06-15-at-20.45.24-copy.png

Hi Blaine,
I had a look at the boot rescue disk at source forge and I'm not even sure it's for Windows 8?
Do you have any friends running windows 8? If so ask them to create a rescue disk which you could use to boot from. Otherwise what happens if you turn the machine off leave it for a minute and then restart? Does it still fill the screens with lines of code?

Window 8 factory restore help. My computer won't load up to do a clean install does a boot loop corrupt files. I have to make a ISO recovery disk from Dell but their download requires win 7 which I only have access to vista laptop. I do have recovery disks for xp vista and 7 so I was thinking trying to downgrade win 8 to 7 but the disk partition won't let me. Csn you use command prompt or use a separate USB or micro SD connection for removable disk partition?

Back
Top Bottom