Windows Vista bootmgr is missing

aspec0002

hey guys,
apparently my gateway mt6728 laptop has decided to rebel. when powering on it immediately says bootmgr is missing ctrl alt del to restart. ok so i got a recovery disk and have gotten to recovery console, and even followed all the steps mentioned in ntldr is missing thread to see if that would work. i have also tried boot using a diff comp with the laptop harddrive to have the same problem. i have tried to reinstall vista but apparently i need the actual installation disk to do that. I have tried to go back to windows xp in which it also errors out. and have reformatted the hdd and even ran gwscan. I am becoming quite tired of it, and am turning to you guys for some help.

When you connected it to the pc did you run a chkdsk? If not, try and do so as it may determine if the HDD has died or not...

If the problem is not hardware related as Kemical suggested, borrow a Vista Installation Disc, boot from it and then click Next at the first prompt:
image16.png

You should see a link in the lower left-hand side for "Repair your computer"
image17.png

The installation process will attempt to find your Vista installation directory. If there's more than one in the list, select the correct one and then use the Next button again.
image18.png

Click the first link for "Startup Repair"
image19.png

The installation process will repair the system, and then prompt for you to reboot.

I dont know if i deleted vista or what, i ran chkdsk, and chkdsk /f, i also tried the screenshotted procedure, and when i pull up the system recovery options, another window pops up and says an error has been detected with the startup of you operating system, the options are repair and restart, which does nothing but put me back to the bootmgr is missing screen and cancel, if i cancel its does not show any operating system to repair.

Back
Top Bottom