Windows 7 Broadcom wlan driver causing BSOD on sleep/hibernate

airez

I am running Win 7 Ultimate x64. I checked my crash dumps and figured out that my BSODs are being caused by my Broadcom wireless driver. Basically, I get a BSOD whenever I put the computer to sleep/hibernate (100% of the time).

I don't need help identifying the problem, but rather solving it. I have tried 3 different versions of my broadcom driver, including the one that shipped with my computer and the latest version for Windows 7 (there aren't many versions of this driver). Every time, I uninstall/install the driver in safe mode. Regardless, I still get the error. I have also even tried reinstalling my operating system.

I have been using Windows 7 for over a year, and this only started happening on my last reinstall (I like to reinstall every once in a while when I feel like the system is getting bogged down). I'm sure it's not a problem with the installation. Right now, I am forced to boot into an Ubuntu partition which runs fine. Any solutions? I also include my last 3 minidumps.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    368.3 KB · Views: 285
If you open the Device Manager and check the properties for you network adapter/power management tab, it is allowing sleep for the device?

You might run this utility to check your system for sleep/hibernate problems. Open a command prompt and type the following:

powercfg -energy

Close all unnecessary programs prior to running and make note of where the report is stored.

Your Eset Personal Firewall is responsible for the crashes, not the Broadcom driver. Please uninstall the Firewall to alleviate bsods.

Back