Windows 10 BSOD 0x000001d8 Predator 17x

Arekanderia

Sudden BSOD's with the above noted error code; cannot see any reason for it. Below are the specifications of the laptop. Made by acer, so maybe the the luck I've had so far with this laptop is catching up with acer's reputation.

During the last BSOD, it clipped out in the middle of the BSOD, as if it crashed after crashing, not really sure if there's a better way to explain that.
According to the diagnostic tool there're no dump files :/.. Through further investigation I realized I turned off my paging files; they've been re-enabled so when I bsod again, I'll upload the .dmp files. :(

Also, windows is up to date.

For the moment I'll provide all the info I have currently, and update the information as I get it.

Apologies for the roundabout presentation, didn't realize the paging files would turn out to be necessary like this.

Thank you for your time.

Attachments

• W7F_14-07-2018.zip
    594.9 KB · Views: 248
Ok, it's taken me a couple of days, but here we go!

Also, on a side-note that's probably related, anyone know how to negotiate properly with acer? I'm supposed to have a full warranty but they're being inconceivably derelict in their promises. :(

Attachments

• W7F_26-07-2018.zip
    741.8 KB · Views: 253
Hi,
still no dump file i'm afraid. Can you check and make sure your settings are set like thus:

Open the run application.
Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.

As you mentioned above you will also need your pagefile running (please use windows rec' amount).

Looking over your dxdiag I noticed this regarding your C drive:

Drive: C:
Free Space: 2.6 GB
Total Space: 487.3 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: Intel Raid 0 Volume

Windows ideally needs a percentage of the drive free so it can work properly. I always go for the figure of 25% but you's probably get away with less.
See if you can free up some space by either saving to the cloud or removing unwanted files and folders.

This could also be why your not seeing any dump file production as there's hardly any room?

Back