Windows 7 BSOD after playing BF3

shadows

Extraordinary Member
Hi there
lately I've got BSOD right after I play BF3, each time I either quit the gameplay and hit my crome browser, my pc crashes and goes into BSOD.
I've never had this kind of problem before, it started some months ago, and I ignored it, now I keep getting it when I close BF3 and hit exit / close crome.
I've seen alot of topics regarding this in battlefield / battlelog forums, but still none of them has given me any answers to fix this.

Is there anyone out there, that can guide me through, fixing this BSOD, for now I'm getting more irritated about it, and I'm starting to get more concern it will "End" my pc.
I normally find a away to fix pc problems, but now I'm lost >.<

Should I upload my dumpfiles in here or what shall I do?

Hi Shadows,
please read the thread found here and post the results. One of us will be along to debug the dump files for you:
http://windowsforum.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help-with-a-bsod-problem.38837/

Here should all things be on. I did what you told me to do, or that other post :)
I couldn't set it in 1 folder, because it obviously have a file size for 11 MB or so, and even if I compressed it, it gives me a file size on 1.5 MB.
I hope this is what you were asking for.
Best Regards.

Attachments

• dumpfiles 16-06-14.zip
    47.3 KB · Views: 198
  • Evensys and EventApp.zip
    578.6 KB · Views: 293
  • W7F_16-06-2014.zip
    552.9 KB · Views: 245
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff96000124283, fffff88008742020, 0}

Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!HmgLockEx+a3 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
the above bugcheck 3B can appear for a number of reasons, corrupt system data or drivers and possibly bad RAM.
First, make sure Windows isn't corrupt. Look in the start menu for command prompt. right click on it and choose run as admin. Type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.
I notice your missing a service pack. Please install Service pack 1 here:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=5842
If the update won't install you may need the update readiness tool:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=3132

Once installed please run Windows updates again making sure you don't install any driver updates via the windows update utility as they are often incorrect. You can monitor what Windows update downloads by changing the settings via the control panel from 'Auto' to 'check for updates but ask me whether to download and install them'.

Some drivers are old and need updating as well as there being possible culprits:

AppleCharger.sys Mon Jan 10 09:57:29 2011: GIGABYTE On/Off Charge driver. May cause BSOD on Win7/8 systems - uninstall to test

dtsoftbus01.sys Fri Feb 21 09:49:36 2014: Daemon Tools driver possible BSOD issues in Win7 please uninstall to test.

Rt64win7.sys Wed Jun 01 04:15:51 2011: Realtek RTL8168D/8111D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet please update:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...d=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

RTKVHD64.sys Tue Jul 26 10:22:00 2011: Realtek High Definition Audio Function Driver please update:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Chrome has recently updated. to check your using the latest version open the settings tab and look under 'About Chrome'.

If after making the above changes you still get a bsod then please download the latest version of Memtest86 here:
http://www.memtest.org/
This guide although a little old explains how best to use it:
http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tutorial-how-to-use-memtest.62524/

Post any new dump files.

I'll give it a try :)
And thanks again to the info's for the next step(s)

After updating drivers, windows 7 with service pack 1, I will try run BF3 tomorrow, and see what will happen. I have uninstalled Daemon tools, GIGABYTE On/Off charge driver (can't see what that should do, it isn't a laptop?, or is it just a feature to the motherboard?)
I'll write later tomorrow and give a status :)

Last edited:
Update:
So far, there hasn't been any crash / BSOD. I have seen alot of topics regarding Gigabyte on/off charge, and it seems that is most likely that one, that made the BSOD. It would be great if you can keep this open, so I can give an update later on, while trying other games (Battlefield 4 / hardline), just to test out my system. Also I'll give my pc case a extra cleaning, just to be sure,

Sounds good... Just post back if you should need to and best of luck.. :)

Hi Kemical
After testing games souch as Battlefield 3 and 4 and other games, NOTHING has happend, so everything should be in place now :)
I will keep this in mind, next time I make a format on my pc, I will not install the Gigabyte on/off charger, also remember to update my windows when its needed :)
I thank you alot for your help, with my problem :)

You can close the thread.
Best Regards Shadows

Hi Shadows
thanks for updating your thread. Actually we don't close threads just in case you might need us again and other users can find the information useful.
Happy gaming.. :)

Hi there kemical.
I kinda need your help yet again with the bsod. It popped up yet again here the other day. I was about to contact you back then, but tried to figure out what causes the problem. Obviously what I've seen on battlelog / origin forum regarding this issue, people are saying something about overclocking that causes this problem?
I've got the errorlog right after I booted back then.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1030

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 50
BCP1: FFFFF900C296BCF0
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: FFFFF9600032260D
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\062814-16161-01.dmp
C:\Users\Rene\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-38625-0.sysdata.xml < that filename, I've searched on google, and it did say something about overclocking.
Would you kindly guide me through yet again :)
Anyways thanks kemical :)

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {fffff900c296bcf0, 0, fffff9600032260d, 0}

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!SFMLOGICALSURFACE::OwnsSurfaceCleanup+2d )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
this bugcheck can mean a hardware fault has occurred (usually RAM), a system service is faulty, NTFS corruption (HDD corruption) or an anti virus app is causing issues.

I do notice that your still without a service pack and you really must install this as it contains important updates for Windows 7. Once installed I'd run windows update again and make sure you have all the updates available. You can find the links for SP1 in my post above.

Also please run a chkdsk:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/guide-to-using-check-disk-in-windows-vista/

Hi kemical, I will make sure all updates will get installed.
I will do it tomorrow. In case its something about my RAM, I'll take a look in my pc and see if any dust is inside. :)

Hi kemical, sorry for the delay of my reply. I have been sick (still sick) got a flue.
When I'm over my flue, I will make thoese updates and so on.
I will reply back friday or so.

Best Regards.

hi kemical
I'm back again. I've booted my pc and installed new windows 7 also installed service pack 1.
I've done this, to make a clean pc also that I had so many programs and other stuff that needs a cleanup on my harddrive.
I will write on the thread in a couple of days, to insure that everything works as it should.
As I said before, I will do some testing on games and graphics, also test my pc hardware.
And yet again sorry for the delays :)
Oh yeah btw, this time I haven't installed any Gigabyte utillitys.

Hi,
thanks for updating and just post as soon as you have anything.

*Update*
As far as I know now, nothing has crashed yet.
Battlefield 3-4 runs without any crashes of BSOD, Skyrim (graphics set on ultra high, just to test) = no bsod, testet my RAM by taken 1 out and let the pc run with 4 gb ram instead of 8, switch back the one I took out and took the other one out and tried yet again, still nothing.
BUT < yeah there is always a but :), I wonder if it can be my harddrive that have this issue? Would it be a idea to replace a new 1T harddrive and install Windows 7 on there and just let the other one run as Slave, and see what will happen later?

Back
Top Bottom