Windows 7 BSOD and then constant reboot.. Virus? Plz Help

zagfreak

I started out posting in the BSOD forum and had awesome help from usasma..aka John. Please see thread below. His latest response was to check the Security Forum. I am hoping you can help. Now when I log on, it goes to desktop for about 10 seconds and then reboots to the safe mode options. All my specs, and things i have tried to date, are in the below thread..

http://windows7forums.com/blue-screen-death-bsod/85582-bsod-past-week-please-help-newbie.html

Thank You!!

Hello zagfreak;

At this point , I would suggest downloading and running this; Link Removed - Invalid URL, in "Safe Mode"

Follow their instructions.

Keep us posted

Don

Ok, I downloaded and ran VIPRE. 310 threats found, cleaned , and 5 threats deleted. I then "restarted" from safe Mode and it went to black screen with a blinking cursor in upper left hand corner for a couple of minutes-never took me to logon screen? So I then turned power off on pc, waited 30 secs or so, and powered up- same deal- it hung up on black screen with blinking cursor in upper left hand corner. waited 10 minutes and powered up again and it booted up - got to logon screen, and SAME DAMN result, loaded all icons on desktop and went right to reboot. Bout ready to slam my fist through the box! :)..... thoughts??? thanks fro your help

Hello zagfreak,

It seems that your machine has been overwhelmingly infected, now at this point, your best option is to re-install Windows 7 (also mentioned by usasma in your other thread) and that would have to be a clean install, deleting that partition/drive and then re-format the drive, then do a "Custom Install" (clean/fresh) with your Windows 7 disc.
Go into "Safe Mode" and save/backup all your important files, pictures, data etc; to another drive or a USB drive or discs before re-installing.

Keep us posted

Don

Back