Windows 7 BSOD at start up

How many sticks of ram are there in the machine 2 or 4? If you have 4 shut down and remove 2 of them and then reboot to see if you get the BSOD again, then swap them with the 2 that you pulled and try and get the Bsod again. It could be as simple as loosing a modual on the stick or as bad as an overvolt condition. If you get a BSOD both times do the smae procedure with the empty slots with both sticks. That should tell us if either sets of the sticks are bad or if a socket is bad. If it turnes out to be a socket you need to send it back to Dell, if it's just a stick, then you can buy a new stick or set of sticks. Its tiedious but it might clear up what is going on.

ok so i figured out it was one of my ram slots. i have 6 slots with 2 gb sticks so missing one isnt that big of a problem.
no more blue screens thanks alot guys!

but i still have a few problems that i thought were related to the ram but apparently are not
1. when ever i play gpu intensive games like bf3 or crysis 2, my computer freezes and crashes about 10-15 min in. drivers r all up to date and it is not over clocked.
2. windows update wont update. says the service is not running to and restart my pc, and when i do, same thing
thanks for the help in advanced

bryan

Capture.PNG

this is running bf3. the highest it ever got was about 60c. ati 5770 card forgot to mention

With the Dell System BIOS Utility being incredibly restrictive as to what you can actually do regarding some system settings I'm not sure you can do this but have a look in the BIOS for anything regarding EIST (Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology) and see if you can turn it off (disabled).
Additionally while in there look for anything that might refer to C-States and likewise turn them off or disable.
Test and see if that impacts your problem at all.

Could you post a fresh set of the reports from here please: http://windows7forums.com/blue-screen-death-bsod/38837-how-ask-help-bsod-problem.html

Have you installed SP1?
Have you tested the system without the wireless USB network adapter?
Have you fixed the memory problems (the red stuff at the bottom of the Memtest screenshot here: http://windows7forums.com/attachmen...26d1340840736-bsod-start-up-1340840269824.jpg )? If uncertain, run Memtest again (it looks like it only took 4 minutes to generate 400 errors).

SP1 isn't installed, please do the following:
Installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1
1. Visit the PC manufacturer's website and update ALL drivers. DO NOT use Windows Update or the "Update drivers" function of Device Manager.
2. Check Device Manager for any unknown/disabled devices - if there are unknown/disabled devices, fix them with the latest drivers from the device manufacturer's website (not the PC Manufacturer)
3. Visit Windows Update and get all updates (may take repeated visits)
4. Visit Windows Update and get Service Pack 1 (usually under Important Updates). Read these notes for installing SP1: Steps to follow before you install Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 from the Microsoft Download Center
5. Visit Windows Update and get any other available updates. May take repeated visits, but keep it up until you get several "Windows is updated" results.
If you're having difficulties with installing a Service Pack, please use the SURTool from this link: What is the System Update Readiness Tool?
Also, check out this troubleshooting link from Microsoft: Troubleshoot problems installing Service Pack 1 (SP1) for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2

I have had limited success in installing updates/Service Packs when using a "clean boot". I suspect that I'm just bypassing the problem - and that it can come back to bite me in the butt later on.

You have a NETGEAR WNDA3100v2 N600 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter - Win7 doesn't like these devices, especially when combined with older (Vista era) drivers. Here's my rant on the subject:
I do not recommend using wireless USB devices. Especially in Win7 systems.
These wireless USB devices have many issues with Win7 - and using Vista drivers with them is almost sure to cause a BSOD.
Should you want to keep using these devices, be sure to have Win7 drivers - DO NOT use Vista drivers!!!
An installable wireless PCI/PCIe card that's plugged into your motherboard is much more robust, reliable, and powerful.

You only have entries in the System log file from Event Viewer up through 31 July 2012

Lot's of license activation failures in the Application log file from Event Viewer. If this is a pirated copy of Win7 it's possible that we won't even be able to fix it. The reason for this is that the modifications made to make a pirated copy work are sometimes the very things that cause problems inside the OS.

No evidence of BSOD's in the reports tho. As such I'd have to wonder about hardware issues. Please try these free diagnostics: Link Removed - Invalid URL

Back