Windows 7 BSOD for some reason, pc works fine in safe mode.

Ok DW worked to get rid of the services but when I rebooted i got the BSOD Critical error again.

Dumps attached..

Thanx :)

Attachments

• 121510-19344-01.zip
    13.2 KB · Views: 233
In safe mode, go to the Program Files folder (check Program Files x86 folder too) and delete the whole MyWinLocker folder(s).

Then type msconfig in the start menu and press enter. Go to services tab. Check the box to "Hide all Microsoft services".

Now there will probably be at least one MyWinLocker service there. Use DameWare to delete it like you did the others.

Once you are at least fairly sure there are no MyWinLocker stuff left, reboot and test.

You could also use Ccleaner to clean the registry too.

Ok did all that, no MWL in msconfig. ran registry crawler and removed all instances of MWL.

MWL folder is locked and cant delete the files. see screen.

Rebooted and still critical error :(

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    12 KB · Views: 461
  • 121510-19312-01.zip
    13 KB · Views: 239
Screen shots :)

<SNIP>
took ownership, still can delete :(

Attachments

• msconfig.PNG
    msconfig.PNG
    26.1 KB · Views: 513
  • msconfig1.PNG
    msconfig1.PNG
    12.9 KB · Views: 402
Last edited:
Alright, for a test, go to msconfig. On the general tab, click the radio button to do a diagnostic statup. Click ok then reboot. When it gets to normal mode well and fine, post new screen shots of the services tab, please. (With MS hidden again.)

Wow, yeah...then that MyWinLocker is really causing major issues.

There are really only 2 choices here:

1) Clean install Windows without a format. It will put everything currently on the drive in Windows.old folder at root. Hit the Windows Key + Pause key, write down the activation key so you have it for the new install.

2) Boot to free Knoppix disc and clear the machine of all MyWinLocker files, as was not able to do so before:

[URL]http://www.knoppix.net/get.php
[/URL]

LOL fun stuff huh. here is a screen of my BSOD

gonna try Bart-PE or hirens.... wish me luck :)

Attachments

• photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    511.6 KB · Views: 461
Yep lol....fwiw, that MWL is notorious. Users don't know that version 3 is incompatible with Windows 7 so they go ahead and install it anyhow.

Once the machine is entirely cleared of that, it should be well. Notice that there are no longer any 0x50 NTFS stop errors since deleting the MWL drivers (bsods.)

In safe mode, you can try opening Regedit. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services

Delete any NTI and MyWinLocker entries if found. It's a little tough because they could be named anything that is not obvious, but maybe you could easily find them instead and get lucky.

------

Or after trying that, install MyWinLocker 4 from their website. Maybe it will overwrite with new information and cause things to be well, since 4 is compatible.

Back