Windows 7 BSOD Mostly with Firefox

Poe

I'm running Win 7 64bit and this past week I started getting BSOD restarts several times a night, mostly when using Firefox 5. I just uninstalled/re-installed it and got a blue screen 20 minutes later. The message that pops up after the restart shows two files, one a minidump but I don't know what to do with it.

I've updated my graphics drivers, Windows update, scanned with Windows SE and Malwarebytes with nothing being found. I don't know what steps to use to start diagnosing the problem and was hoping I could get some suggestions.

View attachment Seven Forums.zip
CPU-Z CPU.PNGCPU-Z Memory.PNG

Last edited:
I'm running Win 7 64bit and this past week I started getting BSOD restarts several times a night, mostly when using Firefox 5. I just uninstalled/re-installed it and got a blue screen 20 minutes later. The message that pops up after the restart shows two files, one a minidump but I don't know what to do with it.

I've updated my graphics drivers, Windows update, scanned with Windows SE and Malwarebytes with nothing being found. I don't know what steps to use to start diagnosing the problem and was hoping I could get some suggestions.

View attachment 15456
View attachment 15457View attachment 15458

These were virtually identical and caused by hardware. Please read here for what that means.

Your .dmp file shows a stop error of 0x124 which is a general hardware error .

A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint.

Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress.

You can read more on this error and what to try here... Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try -

Last edited:
Back