Windows 7 BSOD - Nothing Works

cakeman6789

Hello All,

Okay. About a week ago when I started up my computer, it went straight to Windows Error Screen with 2 options to either launch startup repair or start windows normally. Neither worked and when disabling system failure gave me the BSOD with the error message unmountable_boot_volume. Since then, nothing I have tried has worked. This system would not start in any mode (safe, last good configuration, etc). Then I created a Windows 7 recovery disk (both normally and using ISO file), booted from CDROM, and it would not run the recovery program, it would ask me for my keyboard input device, then a blank screen for hours. So I was told to change my BIOS settings from AHCI to IDE, which I did. It then ran Windows Recovery Disk and fixed startup errors, however still BSOD. So I did command prompt the next time using bootrec.exe and that did nothing. then I did CHKDSK for both C: and D: /F/R and it ran all of that and still has not fixed it. I have an Acer Laptop with Windows 7 32-bit. Any suggestions?

hi, welcome to the forums

i just want to ask what bootrec.exe commands did you use?

boot with the disc as you did before, if you can select advanced options or command promt

enter the command

verifier /reset

Back