Windows 7 BSOD on fresh format.

Overload

Hey guys, I recently reformatted my laptop and now whenever I start it in normal mode I get the BSOD and i can't uderstand why.
I've run sfc /scannow multiple times and chkdsk and update all my drivers so any help is appreciated!

I uploaded the minidump.

Attachments

• 121711-21138-01.dmp
    275.7 KB · Views: 345
Hi Overload and Welcome to The Forum.

As you say, you've updated all your drivers. Have you considered updating your system/drivers to SP1?

Norton is known to be a cause of BSOD's on many Windows 7 systems. I suggest that you uninstall Norton using the Norton Removal Tool in Safe Mode. Download Blue Screen friendly Link Removed due to 404 Error as its replacement. Make sure Windows firewall is enabled!

STOP 0x0000001E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Usual causes:
Device driver, hardware, System service, compatibility, Remote control programs, memory, BIOS.

Hey thanks, The norton remover fixed it, It's funny that the simplest of solutions is the one that actually worked.

Thank you.

No Problem and Thanks for the feedback. Here's hoping you are now "cured". If not post back. And if you are cleared stick around and post back anyway!!

I'll be sticking aroud, this is a pretty iteresting forum.
And yeah, everything is 100% now just finalizing all updates and such and no BSOD.

Back
Top Bottom