Windows 10 BSOD starting again.

ssd has one and the external drive has one.
Looks like it never installed itself just was sitting on the drive and nvidia experience saw it.. weird as heck.

no, never would've thought too. Yesterday had zero problems despite running lr/ps at same time and play WT though admittedly not for long

well, 10 days of wonderfully BSOD free events. My search & email "media keys" are messed up now but there is no driver for windows 10 so I'm not sure what to do but thats trivial compared to BSOD. My Keyboard is a Fellowes "Microban" Ergonomic

well, it took a bit but I finally got another BSOD.. strange thing is it did not restart as it normally does.

Attachments

• W7F_09-03-2017.zip
    620.1 KB · Views: 551
update: I don't know if this helps, but I just had Lightroom CC and "photomatix pro" open at the same time and it Locked up. No task manager, nothing, on reset it came right up. No BSOD though

update again.... so, locked up again, this time we did hard shut down, pulled power, discharged psu and on restart it reinstalled all usb related devices and drivers, and then showed that nvidia needed updating so I did that too.

your fine, I'm sick too right now so its all good.. its kinda ironic that it's nv.. on reboot nv said there was an UPDATE lol..
if this happens again I'll go through ddu again :(

Well, as you see its been awhile... I installed avira last week and today installed a lot of different lamp stack / virtualbox/vagrant configurations. I pray I don't have to reinstall like last time.

Attachments

• W7F_13-06-2017.zip
    743 KB · Views: 378
again, I removed avira and installed bitdefender

Attachments

• W7F_13-06-2017.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 370
Skimming back through the thread I didn't see that you ran a memory test, if not make sure you run that (memtest86+) for at least 8-10 passes.

I did before yes.. had zero problems.. keep in mind its been working perfectly since the reinstall in march. Then just the other day I got the "creators update" and things have been kinda weird ever since.
Like, chrome not keeping me logged in when I close the browser..
windows mail program automatically configuring itself even though i've never used it.
I've had 4 more bsod since I posted that last one.
I did realize this might have started AFTER I installed the epson 3640 drivers, so I uninstall of of their numerous files EXCEPT for scan and printer driver.
I also saw there was a NV update so I did that.

The BSOD's have started up again.. 2 different ones in 16hrs. I updated the video driver AGAIN lastnight and it just did the bsod instantly when I opened warthunder ( which ran lastnight for a couple of hours with no problem )
Prior to this recent rash , the system has been wonderful and I play warthunder daily.
I've run sfc and dism

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063]
(c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 10.0.15063.0

Image Version: 10.0.15063.0

[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.
The operation completed successfully.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Here's both the reports..

Attachments

• W7F_14-07-2017.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 379
  • W7F_15-07-2017.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 400
Hi Kemical , yeah, me too, it was working great for a long time..
Avira shouldn't exist anymore. Removed it a bit ago.
that driver is very interesting.. a google search shows quite a history
it's regedit entry is weird too..

Attachments

• 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    36.3 KB · Views: 449
  • 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    24.6 KB · Views: 471
Tonight I've not gotten any BSOD, but have had 2 hard lockups. I just reinstalled both the audio and ethernet adapter. ( realtek's )
I checked temps with hwinfo and they appear to be all within range as expected.
IDK if you've noticed but this seems to start happening after windows updates.
Any way to find out what program is owning this?

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    33.2 KB · Views: 477
I don't think its actually doing anything, ( i dont' leave it running ) I installed it for the measurement system it has.. Because I was having concerns the system might be overheating while its close sometimes ( i gotta work on that ) it doesn't go over.
upload_2017-7-17_12-43-38.png

I saw 67c a couple of times.. I just had it slam ( 78c!) so we completely went through it AGAIN, and its running extremely cool ( 25.5c ) with 58.1C peak :( So, I'm not sure whats going on. I tried to run passmark performance test, but it seems to crash even on 2d standard tests.
So, I've done a "default optimized" bios settings reset, as I was typing this the pc reset 4x with not reason why. It finally went into repair mode so I told it to reset the eufi and at least this time I'm getting more then 10 seconds. idk wth is going on.. I'm about to scream

Max temp for FX8350 is 62c, If you ambient is around 25 then ignore the low idle temp as the chip isn't accurate at temps until 30c. 58.1c is completely fine. I've not long come from a FX system. Can you list you PSU spec, Memory brand and speed.

Back