Windows 7 BSOD while playing - ntoskrnl.exe?

Help, i'm very frustrated about this, can't play online games because of the fear of getting another BSOD!

A daft question then!

Does your last statement mean that if you are not playing on line games you don't have a bsod?

Yes, that's pretty much it...
I kinda said it in the title too...
The game is League of Legends if it matters.

GeForce 9800 GT.
It's powerful enough to use in League of Legends, i've played way more demanding games with it.

Yeah! was just checking is alway useful to know what your playing with. Latest drivers I assume

Is there any chance you could get pics of all your bios settings to see if there anything amiss there ?

Hi and thanks.

Could you go into cpu configuration and disable spu\ldt spread spectrum and sata spread spectrum. In advance acpi setting can you enable acpi hpet table Windows 7 needs this. Also enable suspend to RAM. Get those set and we'll see how it goes. In your memory timings page can you disable Flexibility option.

NmsUK

Just noticed a share memory option in chipset setting can you disable that too :) (This one is the onboard vid card) so really does need disabling

Last edited:
This is what i get when i enter that item.
There's also the Hybrid SLI option that disables the Share Memory option (makes it grey).
Hybrid SLI has the following options: Disabled, 256MB and 512MB.
I'm thinking that Hybrid SLI might help my 9800GT with the onboard GPU?

Attachments

• 2011-10-06 13.36.08.jpg
    2011-10-06 13.36.08.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 416
Another BSoD, this time i was simply browsing around the web, with the default IE from Windows7 Ultimate SP1.
I attached the minidump.

Strange thing that happened since last time has something to do with my monitor, an ACER AL1916W: one morning i woke up and the monitor had the wrong resolution (it's true native resolution is 1440x900), it was 1024x768 which now seems to be it's native resolution (everything looks horrible on my screen now).
Any ideas?

Attachments

• 101711-19266-01.dmp
    284.3 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:
Your Nvidia Network adapter needs updating nvm62x64.sys dated 2008. For the monitor issue you could try uninstalling the nvidia drivers. Rebooting into safe mode and running DriverSweeper. Then booting back into windows and reinstalling the nvidia drivers.

Last edited:
Ok, it looks like i hadn't installed the SMU driver, which to be honest, i have no idea what it is, but i don't get BSODs anymore.
I managed to get to the native resolution of the monitor (1440x900), through the nVidia control panel, by adding a custom resolution.
Thanks for all the support guys!

Back
Top Bottom