Windows 10 Build 10130 is out

Seems to be downloading fairly fast. Curious as to what has been fixed and what is new in this build.

So much for there wouldn't be any builds pushed out on Fridays or Mondays.
Known issues in this build
  • Mail app may crash due to a memory error, and may not synch mail when in the background. We plan to service this issue with an update via Windows Update.
  • In some cases, flyouts from the Taskbar (including Start, Cortana, Network, Battery, and Action Center) fail to fly out. This is a transient issue, and after retrying a few times it will succeed. We are also working to service this issue with an update.
  • Wi-Fi connectivity may fail at times due to a known issue. A system reboot is required to recover from this state.
http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...ndows-10-insider-preview-build-10130-for-pcs/

Last edited:
One of my systems which had already downloaded the update started sending at 19 Mbps. Since it normally only sends at 1.0 Mbps I checked the other system currently downloading the update. It is showing a Receive rate of 36.6 Mbps. Since my internet speed is 15 Mbps, one system is feeding the other as per the settings for using other local computers for Windows Updates.

This is the first time I have seen evidence that setting is operational.

Anyone else stuck at 0% in the big circle and Copying files 3%

EDIT: Nevermind.... it is starting to move albeit rather slowly.

Can anyone tell me where I can find the ESD file for making an ISO. I can't find it.

Never Mind I found it.

Last edited:
They have removed the Settings selection from the Start Menu. I suppose it is all now in the Notifications icon.

Demitrious, you should see the availability if you are on the Fast Track. If you do not, try doing a manual check for updates.

The icon for Defender is back and I can actually see it....

The Weather tile actually shows a forecast.

Jump lists on Recent items in the Start Menu.....

Wi-Fi was set to off in the settings. Turning it on allowed the Notification option to turn on and off the Wi-Fi.

They have not fixed the situation where Cortana uses a non-functional audio output. You may have to disable those outputs, such as optical or digital.

Last edited:
Anyone having any issues with "Sign-in Options" ?
Are you able to get either a 4 digit PIN or a Picture Password to work?

Well, I did not let it "Pin me". I thought that was a little presumptuous. ;)

I wonder what happens if you are syncing and including passwords and you pin one system and not another - assuming pins are synced as passwords might be. The Picture Passwords might have special requirements. Since you are an Admin, Mike might be familiar with that.

I can sign in fine but the otion to use password or pin is not there now even though I enabled it in settings.

I get the same thing on both installs (one upgrade the other a custom clean install).
When I go to accounts / sign-in options it just gives me a spinning circle.
Been using both the 4 digit PIN, as well as the Picture Password options in all builds up to now.
Guess I'll try one more clean install and see

They have removed the Settings selection from the Start Menu. I suppose it is all now in the Notifications icon.
As a side note Clark.....
I still see "Settings" in the Start Menu, down between "Power" and "File Explorer" just above the "All Apps" selection.
Is yours really gone?

As a side note Clark.....
I still see "Settings" in the Start Menu, down between "Power" and "File Explorer" just above the "All Apps" selection.
Is yours really gone?
It has been removed from all three of my installs. It is still listed in the All Apps alphabetically.

By the way, it only took 3 minutes for me to acquire the build download on my third system... :)) At over 300 Mbps it doesn't take long..

As far as you PIN situation, I saw a post mentioning a problem with 10041 but was corrected later. The fix was to go to some folder and remove the contents. Have you done that? If you haven't heard about this, I will find the post and supply the link.

Settings.jpg

Well, as they say, the third time's a charm.
After an upgrade which manifested a few problems and a clean install which seemed to have its' own share of problems, I've done a new custom clean install on my spare machine and believe it or not..... everything seems to be working perfectly.
Cortana is still a little sketchy but I rarely use it.
Got my PIN / Picture Password working again and now I'm searching for things that may not work but most of my gripes seem to be resolved.

Screenshot (4).png

Back
Top Bottom