Windows 10 Build 10130 is out

Ok so I just done a clean install and all is good again. PIN is working again and all apps appear to be working correctly. I have ran these builds off the update track every time a new build has come out and every time i have had problems of some sort and had to do a clean install to correct the errors. I sure hop MS can sort these update problems out before the final release or their support section is going to get flooded with calls for help.
I'm liking spartan in this build, its actually flying, the one thing i can find that needs fixing is to be able to drag a link from the favorites drop down list to the favorites bar at the top.

I needed to do a clean install to get my pin working again. Every update build i install always needs to be clean installed again to get everything working again.

I have done a clean install on my gaming system due to Blue Screens. The Settings option did come back for me also.

I am disappointed that Microsoft, after all this time, has not yet added drivers for my chipset. Of course the question comes up, you can install the drivers from the OEM, but should you...

And this isn't even the entire listing....

Devices.JPG

you can install the drivers from the OEM, but should you...
I'd say.... yes. As long as it doesn't represent a great deal of time and effort. I'd want device manager to look better, but.....
With the rate of new builds hitting for "fast" ringers, you might keep pretty busy.
Although the recent blog hinted at perhaps some servicing of this build through Windows Updates was in store so it might be around for a while.

The one consistent P.I.T.A. annoyance through all of these recent builds is the fact that I can't seem to right click the USB icon in the notification area and safely eject any thumb drive I have connected to my PC.
UsbEjectError.PNG

It is no problem installing the drivers, these builds have never recognized the X99 configuration and chipsets even exists. I will normally run it without the drivers for a while to see if it runs better without them.

I have seen the USB disconnect situation. Most of my USB drives seem to disconnect normally. On one that did not, and I think it was an external caddy, I checked the properties on the device and how the policies tab was set. Possibly that particular drive was showing as using a cache on the drive and would not disconnect.

I did try to find some other software using it, but with things like Cortana and OneDrive lurking about, finding the problem might take better troubleshooting skills than I have...

I think it is progressing well. My own problem is strange. It runs for some time, even days, then I lose the start menu. Clicking the icon does nothing.. I have tried many fixes, none of which works. A restore is the only solution. It must be a problem with my particular customisation. This time I have left everything just on defaults to see what happens.
At this stage, I have no personal data , as it is still in Beta, and, under those circumstances, I thought a fresh install was possibly quicker than restoring!

Someone is another forum mention a Registry cleaner he had been using was deleting necessary entries. So if you are running a Registry cleaner, you may stop for a while.

Thanks for the suggestion. Now, an untouched default installation. Lasted since my previous posts and, today, when I boot up - no menu. I think I'll stick to 8.1 until the next build comes along!!!

I think it is progressing well. My own problem is strange. It runs for some time, even days, then I lose the start menu. Clicking the icon does nothing.. I have tried many fixes, none of which works. A restore is the only solution. It must be a problem with my particular customisation. This time I have left everything just on defaults to see what happens.
At this stage, I have no personal data , as it is still in Beta, and, under those circumstances, I thought a fresh install was possibly quicker than restoring!
happens to me and I will also block notifications, click above do not open but the start button I solved by installing the start of iobit and at least I can have functions like seven.
Windows build 10130 where you can download?

Has anyone else noticed when you move a tile on the start screen it disappears. It doesn't happen every time and comes back when you release the mouse button, but not normal behavior.

Has anyone else noticed when you move a tile on the start screen it disappears. It doesn't happen every time and comes back when you release the mouse button, but not normal behavior.
Yes.
I have.
In keeping with their one thing fixed / one thing broke policy.
Ugly tiles fixed / disappearing tiles introduced.
Keeps you entertained.

My Settings listing on the Start Screen has disappeared again. Now it looks just like it did after I did the install over the prior build.... My other system still shows it.

I wonder if KB3069068 is really installed or not since I am not seeing a "Needs a Restart" but a "Failed to Install". Its status might be important for operation of the OS and access to future updates..

Yes.
I have.
In keeping with their one thing fixed / one thing broke policy.
Ugly tiles fixed / disappearing tiles introduced.
Keeps you entertained.
Lol. I'd rather go to the circus, or have a barbecue.

For those of you that get "stuck" during setup, I always do the Shift+F10 to get a command prompt during setup. Then you can run taskmgr and see your CPU/Disk usage.

Back