Windows 7 Build 7000 and Telstra Wireless Broadband

hazchem

Greets all,

I am currently testing the beta, I changed operating systems a week ago, and tried to use my existing PRE-PAID MF 626 Telstra Wireless. After several attempts of installing with the software on the device with no success. I downloaded the updated connection manager from www.zte.com.au.

This has corrected the issue, with only one complication that I am aware of at this stage. I seem to have to uninstall and reinstall every time I reboot to get the device to initialise –( Although device indicator showing that there is adequate signal)

I know that this is probably only relevant to AUSTRALIAN users, and that the prepaid ZTE device is only one of many, however when I was having troubles and searched online I could find no information on the issue as most manufacturers don't have drivers yet.

I hope it helps someone :)

Cheers
:)

Hi Mate,

I found a solution to this problem, Telstra's only suggestion was to wait 2 or 3 weeks until they figured it out. Once you've run the software that came on the modem and its installed on your HDD do the following:

- Open the folder where the software was installed eg. C:\Program Files\Telstra
- Open the Drivers folder
- Right Click on the file called "USBDriverInstaller_x86.exe"
- Go to Properties, then the compatibility tab.
- Select the "Run this program in compatibility mode" check box
- In the dropdown box below select "Windows Vista"
- Click Ok.
- now double click the same icon to run "USBDriverInstaller_x86.exe". This will run a quick program to install the driver.
- Now your modem should detect and Connect to the network (if it doesn't work, try disconnecting and reconnecting the modem)

Hope this works for everyone - it sure worked for me. Telstra are absolutely hopeless and one tech didn't even know Windows 7 was now officially for sale.

For more info on how this works check this artical out - this guy is my new hero ...LOL :
Daniel's Windows World : Installing the Telstra 7 Series Modem (MF636) in Windows 7

Back
Top Bottom