Windows 8 Can anyone help me ASAP?(SOLVED)

Ashford Wilmar

So until 2 days ago, my laptop was fine and everything was properly working. I had left it alone for like half an our then when i got back the mouse started tripping out, the wifi is fine and connected but pages in chrome either won't load or loads text only, and it gets super laggy. Oh and the CPU and RAM usage is pretty high compared to when it was fine. I tried restarting several times, shutting down, and I even did a memory diagnostic if that even helps, and nothing. After, nothing works properly or barely works, can't go into task manager, can't go into start menu to shut down and it's really making me sad. *If possible, I'd like solutions that maybe don't include re-installing windows or refreshing*. I have an Acer Aspire E15 running windows 8.1

Last edited:
win32(crypt) in your system swap files can do this... a full boot time scan with Avast (free) will stamp it out.
It could be other things but that in the most likly imo.

Maybe... I know for fact that win32.(crypt-qri) can cause this and you get that stuck in the page files from having your browser so I would assume that 1st... basicly it tells your system too keep scanning forever and ever.

I use Avast but there are lots of different anti-v scanners and most of them should be able to kill the win32 bugs.

Maybe... I know for fact that win32.(crypt-qri) can cause this and you get that stuck in the page files from having your browser so I would assume that 1st... basicly it tells your system too keep scanning forever and ever.

I use Avast but there are lots of different anti-v scanners and most of them should be able to kill the win32 bugs.
I was reading up on avast full boot scans and it mentions to try this before doing the full boot scan. https://www.winhelp.us/free-anti-malware-programs.html#rkill do you think this could work too?

no... most the browser mal-ware tools out there are worse than the stuff they say they remove.
if you don't want Avast fine... people on this forum have tried lots of different programs and can give you other options.

I personaly use spybot for mal-ware scans because it doesn't have an issue with Avast and the two programs get on... DON'T have more than one anti-virus program installed on any system at the same time.

Run your scan then remove the anti-virus program and install a different one if you want to but remove the first one before adding another and don't allow something to use your web browser to scan your system... it never ends well.

no... most the browser mal-ware tools out there are worse than the stuff they say they remove.
if you don't want Avast fine... people on this forum have tried lots of different programs and can give you other options.

I personaly use spybot for mal-ware scans because it doesn't have an issue with Avast and the two programs get on... DON'T have more than one anti-virus program installed on any system at the same time.

Run your scan then remove the anti-virus program and install a different one if you want to but remove the first one before adding another and don't allow something to use your web browser to scan your system... it never ends well.
So basically I should just use avast and run which kind of scan? And how long would it take and would it be harmful running the scan?(I read something about the scan could make your laptop not boot because it can delete system files)

(I read something about the scan could make your laptop not boot because it can delete system files)

Thats bs mate... I've had Avast since the betta test and there is no such report... Some people tried running out dated spybots on windows 8 back in the day and that could have caused boot issues.

Bottom line is you need to run a scan over your system. I know Avast will detect and remove the win32(crypt) bug if thats even the problem but if you want to use some other Anti-virus program it's no skin off my nose... just run a full anti-virus scan first with a good program i.e not Nortians or something that runs from your browser then run a mal-ware program if you want as well.

Back