Windows 7 Can someone please help me get XP back?

Mushroomcloud

I like windows 7, but my computer just isn't fast enough and my computer ran XP faster.. I'm also wayyy more used to XP. (i have an e1505)

anyway, I have the XP disk, But when I put the disk in, "Install Windows XP" isn't an option. (the text and images are dulled grey) I've tried several things but I'm not very tech savvy and i really need some guidance...

This will wipe your Windows 7 completely so make sure you backup everything you are going to want to keep. Put the disk in and boot to to your CD/DVDrom. It will ask you where you want to install it to, and you will see your Windows 7 drive. You have to format that first and install it to there. There will be an option there, I cant remember exactly what the XP install looks like but Im sure you will work through it easy as.

Let me know if you need more info

This will wipe your Windows 7 completely so make sure you backup everything you are going to want to keep. Put the disk in and boot to to your CD/DVDrom. It will ask you where you want to install it to, and you will see your Windows 7 drive. You have to format that first and install it to there. There will be an option there, I cant remember exactly what the XP install looks like but Im sure you will work through it easy as.

Let me know if you need more info

okay. I'm backing it up now.

How do you boot to the CD/DVDrom? Sorry... I feel like i should know this stuff.

Thats the easy part. Just put the disk in and restart, somewhere before Windows loads it will ask you to "boot to CD/DVD" just hit the any key.

Good luck

okay. I'll give that a try...

I tried what you said, and when I restarted my computer, it didn't ask me anything... So i hit F12 while startup, and i booted it like you told me too, but when i did, it detected an error or something, and then windows 7 started "scanning for errors"...

Last edited:
Back