Windows 7 Can't connect to home wireless signal ("Limited access") - Windows 7

mujep4

Hello,

I am setting up a new Acer laptop and cannot access the internet via my home wifi network. I have 2 other laptops connected to the network and running fine. The new pc is running 64 bit Windows 7 (the others run XP) and has an Atheros AR5B93 Wireless Network Adapter. When I pan over the wireless icon in my taskbar, it says "Limited access" beside my home wifi signal.

Any help with this problem is much appreciated. Happy holidays everyone!

Solution
Thanks so much for your help -- all is working now. The problem was user error -- my WEP key was inputted incorrectly. Apparently, you get no notice when the WEP key is incorrect -- just the "limited access" notice mentioned earlier. I can't believe that the diagnostic tool says it can't identify the problem when it is such a simple matter. Seems like a bug to me -- not sure if it's my router, network adapter, or a universal issue. Everyone else take note -- always double-check your WEP key and don't count on the system to notify you if it is incorrect. Thanks again!

Merry Christmas!
hi thanks still no action anyone know how to fix unknown device in device manager USB ROOT HUB the first spot maybe this is the problem thats why my internet connection always drop thanks vincent

Hello, I have the same problem as the person who posted this thread and i tried solving this problem the way you posted, Trouble. But the problem is that i dont have BSS on the list what do i do?

I had same problems for months...
I'm using lenovo x201 with router, issues are quite similar to the previous ppl's, I can use my iphone and the other laptop with vista to access the wireless, but not win7 for the lenovo one. I went thru a lot of websites asking the problem, so far, I found yours seems to be the only one solved my problem. I don't have 802.11g though, two options, one 20m sth, the other is auto, I changed the setting from 20M one to auto, the speed immediately increased to 150M hz from very slow speed (which shouldn't be the case).
thank you so much and will let you know if if keeps working fine.