Windows 7 Can't install Atheros LAN driver.

rodrigopea

Hello how are you all??

Well I am having this problem now, I have a WIndows 7 installed im my AMD PC and Laptop.
They work great, i had no trouble with it.

But in my Intel, I have installed and everything works but the Lan Hardware.
My motherboard is ASUS P5K SE , I went to ASUS website, download the same Vista 32 Atheros lan drive, that i used to have.
And still didnt work, It says: Does not support this OS : WNT_6.1P_32_MCE .

Here is two ScreenShots:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

I have google it, searcheing in forums but couldnt find anything.

Can you please help me???

Thank you so much for your help...

So long

Windows 7 build 7000 32 bit
MotherBoard ASUS P5K SE
INTEL CORE Duo E8400 3.0 Ghz
4.5Gb RAM
GeForce 8500GT

Last edited:
On AsusSetup.exe, right click it. Select properties, then the Compatibility tab. Tick the first box, and select "Windows Vista RTM". Then click apply and load up the program again.

Hello how are you all??

Well I am having this problem now, I have a WIndows 7 installed im my AMD PC and Laptop.
They work great, i had no trouble with it.

But in my Intel, I have installed and everything works but the Lan Hardware.
My motherboard is ASUS P5K SE , I went to ASUS website, download the same Vista 32 Atheros lan drive, that i used to have.
And still didnt work, It says: Does not support this OS : WNT_6.1P_32_MCE .

Here is two ScreenShots:

I have google it, searcheing in forums but couldnt find anything.

Can you please help me???

Thank you so much for your help...

So long

Windows 7 build 7000 32 bit
MotherBoard ASUS P5K SE
INTEL CORE Duo E8400 3.0 Ghz
4.5Gb RAM
GeForce 8500GT
It is once again most likely that the driver for your LAN is not compatible with Windows 7. Microsoft said that if the driver worked with windows VISTA it should work with windows 7. Please find an alternative way to connect your computer to the internet or wait until the company releases a driver that is supported with Windows 7.

Haha i misread your first post i thought it said you tried compatibility mode already and it failed. But he is right.

I have the same Motherboard and I disabled the LAN adapter cause my son was on and I hadn't had time to setup parental controls and when I reenabled it I cannot get online anymore. I've tried reinstalling drivers, setting a static IP address, uninstalling and reinstalling the adapter and nothing works. In Ubuntu my connection is fine so it's not a hardware issue, and when running the network diagnostics I get an error that my router (192.168.0.1) may not be accepting connections, of course I know that's not true as other computers in the house are fine and my ubuntu partition is fine. Any thoughts?

Hello Guy's,

I have the same problem my pc ASUS P5GC-MX/1333 I was running windows XP the internet was running find, and upgaded or installed windows7 the windows7 DVD i have installed is the bootable DVD easy install, but i coudn't find my internet, i run the "CMD" ipconfig and I don't see the internet or LAN details on it according to my internet providers that there is no " LAN DRIVER'???? please help me guys i don't know much about computer yet.....thanks..:computer:

Last edited:
Hello Guy's,

I have the same problem my pc ASUS P5GC-MX/1333 I was running windows XP the internet was running find, and upgaded or installed windows7 the windows7 DVD i have installed is the bootable DVD easy install, but i coudn't find my internet, i run the "CMD" ipconfig and I don't see the internet or LAN details on it according to my internet providers that there is no " LAN DRIVER'???? please help me guys i don't know much about computer yet.....thanks..:computer:
Hello and welcome to the forum.
You can try downloading and installing the Vista driver from here ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P5GC-MX/1333 you may need to use compatibility mode and run it as administrator but it would be worth a try.
If you know specifically which card you have installed it's possible that you might find a more current driver from here ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows (Atheros?????) but if it's an L2 as Asus indicates then that's likely the newest driver you're going to find (the one on the ASUS site)
Regards
Randy

Coincidentally, I just, (delivered it back today), went through similar issues w/ a client's ASUS. W/out going through all the whole scenario I had...

I offer 2 things:
1. In Device Mgr, Uninstall the LAN Adapter (not its software) & reboot; Uninstall the LAN adapter, reinstall from the driver disc that came w/ the ASUS; Check for driver update via Windows (Optional) Update;

Are you using AVG?

2. Call ASUS Tech Suppport @ 1-888-678-3688  24 hours a day, 7 days a week*

Cheers,
Drew

Back