Windows 7 Color management of the Windows 7 Desktop

Hypolitus

I cannot get the colour management in Windows 7 (32 bit) to work. I have a wide gamut display, and have produced a colour profile using my Spyder2Pro. I have associated the profile with my display - initially I did it just for my user account, but then tried making it the default profile for all users - but I'm still getting extremely saturated colours on my desktop and in Explorer. When I open one of my photos from the Explorer, Windows Photo Viewer produces a correctly coloured image, but the thumbnail in explorer, as I said, is massively oversaturated (like everything else on my desktop). I tried playing around with rendering intents, in case that was the problem, but that didn't seem to make any difference.

My graphics card is an NVIDIA Quadro FX 2700M, for which I have downloaded the latest drivers.

Any ideas? I'm a professional photographer and the colour management features of Windows 7 were one of the most attractive features of it to me, so I'm tearing my hair out at the moment!

Try re-installing Windows 7, that'll reset all settings, or you could just do a system restore to see if it was a problem you made.

Thanks Jack, I already tried that. I did a clean installation of Windows 7, let it do the updates, installed security software (Bitdefender 2010) and then installed the Spyder software.

Well thats very unusual, have you tried speaking to Microsoft about this? And is it the final version of Windows 7 you are talking about, if so they have a legal obligation to fix it for you!

Hi Jack. I'm still waiting to hear back from Microsoft. And yes, it's the final version of Windows 7. I have to say, despite the adverts, it's not making my life simpler at the moment. :)

I cannot get the colour management in Windows 7 (32 bit) to work. I have a wide gamut display, and have produced a colour profile using my Spyder2Pro. I have associated the profile with my display - initially I did it just for my user account, but then tried making it the default profile for all users - but I'm still getting extremely saturated colours on my desktop and in Explorer. When I open one of my photos from the Explorer, Windows Photo Viewer produces a correctly coloured image, but the thumbnail in explorer, as I said, is massively oversaturated (like everything else on my desktop). I tried playing around with rendering intents, in case that was the problem, but that didn't seem to make any difference.

My graphics card is an NVIDIA Quadro FX 2700M, for which I have downloaded the latest drivers.

Any ideas? I'm a professional photographer and the colour management features of Windows 7 were one of the most attractive features of it to me, so I'm tearing my hair out at the moment!

I too am having a major issue with color. I'm getting a severe orange saturation in my browser. funny, i don't seem to be getting it in lightroom or photoshop. but, i am not trusting my color calibration till it is right in all applications..

My video card is the Nvidea Geforce 8500 . profile created with the EyeOne Display 2

My HP TouchSmart IQ506 uses a NVIDIA 9300M GS driver and I have the same problem with monitor color AND with an irritating constant flickering. NVIDIA doesn't have a WIN7 compatible driver download and they have even shut down their community forum site!

Being a pioneer is no fun.

Back
Top Bottom