Windows 10 Computer freezes when wake from sleep

kgash

Extraordinary Member
I just completed my first build 2 weeks ago. I recently went to the AMD site and updated the driver for my MSI Radeon RX 5700 and ever since then, when I return from Sleep, the monitor freezes with a nice background but no mouse cursor and it is frozen. I have to hit the reset button to restart the computer. I have attached a jpg image of my system.

System Specs.jpg

Often freezes after sleep are caused by memory-intensive programs that are unable to resume their operations upon waking. A simple way to test for this problem is turning on your computer, letting it load all of its background processes, and then putting it to sleep without opening any other applications.

Thank you both for your suggestions.
The build is very new; all drivers are up-to-date - as I have said, the problem started after I updated my Radeon Graphics Card. Also, I don't know what firmware Neemobeer is referring to.

samK, I used msconfig to do a diagnostic boot but that didn't help.

Well, since it appeared that the problem occurred after updating the graphics driver, I wondered if simply rolling back the driver. An less than a minute in Device Manager, I did that and the problem is fixed.
I guess "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" should be applied to driver updates.

Back