Windows 7 Computer problem PLEASE HELP

CraveRummer

Banned
Greetings, Members!

Okay When i turn on my laptop it says:

"SMART Failure Predicted on Hard Disk 0: TOSHIBA MK3017GAS-(PM)

WARNING: Immediately back-up your data and replace your hard disk drive. A failure may be imminent.

Press F1 to Continue"

and then when i push F1 it just have a black screen. please help me.

Last edited:
Will it let you load the OS at all? Is so check your device manager for any problems with your hard disk.

My advice would be to acquire a bootable version of a Linux distro (of your choosing) and use that to boot your machine and then if you can still see you actual hard drive, immediately set about backing up your critical data to an external source (USB hard drive, or DVDs). Hope that it's not already too late.
Good luck and keep us posted.
Regards
Randy

My advice would be to acquire a bootable version of a Linux distro (of your choosing) and use that to boot your machine and then if you can still see you actual hard drive, immediately set about backing up your critical data to an external source (USB hard drive, or DVDs). Hope that it's not already too late.
Good luck and keep us posted.
Regards
Randy

It's too late i just wanted to go back on it to get some of my stuff off.

Will it let you load the OS at all? Is so check your device manager for any problems with your hard disk.

No it won't let me go all the wy so i can't check my device manager but it use to go all the way but i didn't know what to do.

Last edited:
Just doing a little research on S.M.A.R.T I am no expert so take what I say with a grain of salt :tongue: Are their any other numbers in the message such as 01 or 0x01?

Greetings, Members!

Okay When i turn on my laptop it says:

"SMART Failure Predicted on Hard Disk >>>0<<<According to that zero "No" numbers other than zero : TOSHIBA MK3017GAS-(PM)

WARNING: Immediately back-up your data and replace your hard disk drive. A failure may be imminent.

Press F1 to Continue"

and then when i push F1 it just have a black screen. please help me.

Last edited:
Hmmmm Since it's not booting after you press F-1 and it DID before I am guessing the drive is dead. One thing you can try: I think SMART is BIOS based IF you can get into your BIOS, Link Removed due to 404 Error you MIGHT be able to disable SMART. Not sure if doing this will even let you boot but it's worth a shot.

If it's being seen. By the BIOS but can't boot even with smart off. This will sound weird but put it in a anti static bag and seal it well and put it in the freezer for about an hour. When removed make sure there's no condensation and plug it back in. The drive may then work for long enough to grab the files.

If it's being seen. By the BIOS but can't boot even with smart off. This will sound weird but put it in a anti static bag and seal it well and put it in the freezer for about an hour. When removed make sure there's no condensation and plug it back in. The drive may then work for long enough to grab the files.

I change my mind meant to say to "Get some stuff off the computer"

okay i'll start on that next monday thanks for your help everyone!! really appreciate your help!

Note: if this don't work ill try other methods.

The only option I can think of is buy a new hard-drive and a housing unit for the old one.

Re-install windows; pony up the old hard-drive and copy and paste documents across to your new drive from the old one sharpish.

Back