Windows 7 Control Panel Isue

Annabelle

I have to uninstall a program but i cannot open the control panel Program and features, can anyone help me to solved my problem?

When I open these will appear (Please see attached file).

Attachments

• Contol panel issue.docx
    27.6 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
According to my registry entries, the number on the top appears to be the AppsUpdateFolder

::{26EE0668-A00A-44D7-9371-BEB064C98683}\0\::{7b81be6a-ce2b-4676-a29e-eb907a5126c5}\::{d450a8a1-9568-45c7-9c0e-b4f9fb4537bd}

The other numbers appear to be for the control panel, and an Icon for it, but not certain.

Have you been doing any registry cleaning lately, or any other type of system cleaning?

Have you tried opening an Administrative Command Prompt window and using the SFC /scannow command to check your system files?

Have a loo whether you can find the control.exe in the system32 folder. It is in C:\Windows.

2012-05-12_2031.png

Yes I used a CCleaner. Can you help me how to use a Command Prompt as you mention above or any steps to open my control panel?Thanks for your response.

For Command Prompt press Start > All Programs > Accessories > right click on Command Prompt > Run as administrator.

Note that sfc /scannow will not open your control panel. But it may fix the bug.

Last edited:
I am now on command prompt, what word do i need to type after?Big thanks

I saw C:windows\system32>

Last edited:
No, no. You are confusing thing.

1. Command Prompt you use to run the sfc /scannow command

2. If you want to get to C:windows\system32>, you have to open your C partition.

Click the start orb and type
C:\Windows\System32\control.exe
and hit enter
What happens when you do that?
Click the start orb
Then
All Programs
Then
Accessories
Right click "Command Prompt" and choose "Run As Administrator"
then in the black box looking window type
sfc /scannow
hit enter
and let it run
let everyone know what the results of having done that is.

Thanks Trouble - right on. Anabelle seems to need all the help she can get.

Hello folks,

Below is the result when I run a sfc /scannow.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>sfc/scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.
Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of th
em.
Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example
C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log

C:\Windows\system32>

Please advice what's going on my computer system.

Great thanks

To find out which files may be involved you can open an Administrative command prompt (Winkey and type cmd then CTRL+Shift+Enter) and enter the following. You can type it or copy and paste to the command window by right clicking and selecting paste.

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt

The command will produce a text file and place it on your desktop. You can zip it and attach if you want. If you would prefer to check the log yourself, look near the end and see if it lists which files cannot be replaced/repaired.

This website goes into how to replace files if you need to do so. This process can be complicated but having another Windows 7 install might help in obtaining replacement files.

How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7

Back