Windows 7 Creative Sound In Win 7

tecmicseven

Hi,

This is the first significant problem since downloading the beta, what is it 2 months or more? It's not stopped me playing sound as I've used the on-board system which has a similar spec. but it's frustrating.

Vista SB X-Fi drivers certainly wouldn't work but I downloaded the recently issued Creative drivers for X-Fi in Win 7. Installed without problem and all indicators show a signal, eg sound level indicators etc. but there's no sound from my Cambridge Soundworks DTT 3500 5.1 Digital speakers. THERE IS SOUND on the earphones, which plug into the front panel. ???

The DTT 3500 system works with the High Def Audio on-board sound system!!

Anyone had this and found a fix?

Mike.

Hello,

I've had the same problem with my Creative Sound Blaster Extreme Hi-Fi 7.1 channel card.

It will not out in fiber optic mode.

I'm sure that they will get around to fixing this as many computers are being built with TV tuner cards and surround sound, your MANY. MANY people will be pissed off.

Just have to wait

I installed the Creative beta sound drivers for Windows 7 for my X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro and surround is working fine, it has the same problem as Vista though where the surround options fail to work (Stereo Surround/Stereo Xpand)

Creative are terrible at making drivers they're always bloated and horrible, and the only real alternative is Auzentech, and who makes their drivers ?? Yeah.. It's Creative.. :p

Talk about a monopoly !

Same problem here. Although I installed the latest Windows 7 Beta drivers, my subwoofer doesn't work. In the speaker-config of W7 it responds to the speaker test. But when I listen to mp3s via the media-player: No bass!

I hope that there will be a solution soon...

EDIT: Now it works .. I just launched the THX setup and ran through it, so that saved my day!

I have a SB X-FI Extreme Music card and it works fine for me with Creative's beta drives. I just have a Logitech 5.1 system plugged in through the standard 1/8" jacks. Just make sure you turn off all the "effects" in the Creative console, they make everything sound like crap.

I have a SB X-FI Extreme Music card and it works fine for me with Creative's beta drives. I just have a Logitech 5.1 system plugged in through the standard 1/8" jacks. Just make sure you turn off all the "effects" in the Creative console, they make everything sound like crap.

I have a cheap and chearful C-media sound card 5.1 sourround sound and boy it works just fine . Never had a driver problem and the sub woofer and all else work very well .

Guess I am cheap and happy ;)

Just a thought why not give C-media a go very cheap but the sound is good ?

I installed the Creative beta sound drivers for Windows 7 for my X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro and surround is working fine, it has the same problem as Vista though where the surround options fail to work (Stereo Surround/Stereo Xpand)

Creative are terrible at making drivers they're always bloated and horrible, and the only real alternative is Auzentech, and who makes their drivers ?? Yeah.. It's Creative.. :p

Talk about a monopoly !

Uhhh hello! Asus! They make their own drivers and hardware for soundcards. There awesome! The best IMO!

Hello,

me again. I now have the Windows RC installed and again: I can't hear my subwoofer through the Creative XFI Music soundcard. When I go to the THX Console, I can clearly hear the sub when I do the sound-test. But theres is nothing but pure silence in games or any other apps.

Do you have a clue? Are there inofficial drivers that help?

Cheers
Moreno

Got help in the creative-forum:

09-22-2009 12:40 AM Have you tried to set the Crossover-Frequency in Bass-Management-Tab in THX-Setup? My Sub works perfectly in Win 7 RTM.

That worked...

Back
Top Bottom