and it defaulted to wanting to repair the current realtek driver I have
As these are two seperate drivers you need to fully uninstall the previously installed driver. To be honest that goes for any driver. Installing over the top of stuff just invites corruption.

Please uninstall all your Realtek sound drivers. Check the remove programs section that nothing is left behind. Then and only then install the driver i specified.above.

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C4, {2000, fffff80148b2114f, 0, 5254454b}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rt640x64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rt640x64.sys
Probably caused by : rt640x64.sys ( rt640x64+114f )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
the verifier did indeed do it's job and the driver in question is Realtek NICDRV 8169 PCIe GBE Family Controller driver. This is the driver you downloaded from the support site yes? If so this has me a little confused as this driver isn't for the chip installed on your motherboard. You have a RTL8111E chip which you can see under 'Lan' in your specifications:
GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM3+ - GA-970A-UD3 (rev. 1.0/1.1)

Ok now make sure you have a copy of the lan driver found on the Gigabyte support page saved somewhere as you might need it later.

Now download the version which should be for your chip here:
Realtek
(second download down)
Once you've downloaded the driver uninstall the original that's on the system and then try the new driver you just downloaded. If for whatever reason it doesn't work use the driver from the support page you saved earlier.

Let me know how you get on and post any new dump files.

Sort of confused as to what download you were referring to, I clicked on the Realtek link however the second driver down is for windows 7 and servers? Also decided to uninstall and reinstall Rocket League, however now I can't even get the game to launch. It just stops responding and creates a dump file, maybe it will help? However it's not letting me post this sort of dump file for some reason.

Oh my mistake, uninstall all your Realtek drivers and install the driver i outlined above but obviously download the win 10 version.

The Rocket league dump file is probably for the game dev but let's see if we can sort out the audio drivers first.

Last edited:
Welp, did everything as stated, uninstalled anything realtek from add or remove programs and downloaded and installed the driver, BSOD just happened again. :/

Going to reinstall windows from scratch with my D: drive disconnected and install only the essentials and test my computer out for a bit, playing Rocket League, if it still blue screens then I have no other idea but for it to be a hardware issue, please leave your opinion on next steps and I will try to keep you posted VIA phone. Thank you for all of your help so far.

Glad to help John.. :) In regards to the driver verifier they can sometimes give false positives but further testing will prove either way.Can you post the last dump file please as it's always worth taking a look. Also as your bsod's always seem to stem from games run from your D drive try running a chkdsk on the drive itself. ( I reread your thread again) . This guide will show you how:
The How-To Geek Guide to Using Check Disk in Windows 7, 8, or 10
Try using the command prompt commands and make sure you scan for broken sectors as well as repair.

If this doesn't really turn up anything then try your idea of stripping the system back to basics and go from there.

Glad to help John.. :) In regards to the driver verifier they can sometimes give false positives but further testing will prove either way.Can you post the last dump file please as it's always worth taking a look. Also as your bsod's always seem to stem from games run from your D drive try running a chkdsk on the drive itself. ( I reread your thread again) . This guide will show you how:
The How-To Geek Guide to Using Check Disk in Windows 7, 8, or 10
Try using the command prompt commands and make sure you scan for broken sectors as well as repair.

If this doesn't really turn up anything then try your idea of stripping the system back to basics and go from there.
Ive ran every chk dsk imaginable. Im typing this with my phone because my pc is even more messed up now. I went to reset it and after downloading everything it said inacessible boot drive. So I put the windows media creation tool on.a flash drive and.booted from it it downloaded everything fine I even formatted both drives using it. It got to a point.to where it said it has to restart to finish then it said no operating system found. Any ideas?

Ive ran every chk dsk imaginable. Im typing this with my phone because my pc is even more messed up now. I went to reset it and after downloading everything it said inacessible boot drive. So I put the windows media creation tool on.a flash drive and.booted from it it downloaded everything fine I even formatted both drives using it. It got to a point.to where it said it has to restart to finish then it said no operating system found. Any ideas?
Update after tweaking things a bit was able to.get the install going. Going.to. Try things one step at a time

Thanks for the update John, hope all goes well. Is the machine set to ACHI or IDE? Check in the bios and if need be make sure your running under AHCI. Also check for any firmware updates for your SSD.

Thanks for the update John, hope all goes well. Is the machine set to ACHI or IDE? Check in the bios and if need be make sure your running under AHCI. Also check for any firmware updates for your SSD.
I'm running under IDE. After some screwing around and silly failures I'm in windows, I got everything installing again. And so far I've had rocket league open for probably 30 minutes to an hour now with no BSOD in sight. Did have some silly issues initially getting into my OS though.
For some reason it was prioritizing my USB drive over my SSD witch had windows on it and kept saying "no valid operating system" haha. After a quick run in the bios and a hasty unplugging of the USB i got it restarting and booting normally with no issues so far. I have my graphics driver installed, chrome, and am downloading games. As of right now my D: drive is disconnected. I want to rule out any software problems before I even attempt reconnecting it, my only fear is that if I plug it back in, and it was the reason for my computer messing up. I might have to go down the path of fixing it again. And it may not be as easy. Thoughts on this? Originally I really did think it was a failing hard drive, however after I moved Rocket League to my SSD and it continued happening I literally just had no clue. I reformatted both drives using the windows repair tool (windows creation tool). Thanks again for all of the help so far. Any last thoughts/ideas on any of the above before I start driving my pc again? And again, can't thank you enough for all of the help.

I would try setting your controller,via the Bios, to AHCI and your SSD will be much happier for it. In fact it might be why you've been seeing these disk issues.

I actually tried that, computer wouldn't boot with it in that type of mode unfortunantly. :/

I actually tried that, computer wouldn't boot with it in that type of mode unfortunantly. :/
Hmm... It might be worth trying again especially if your unhooking the D drive. Also did you check for any firmware updates for the SSD?

I checked for firmware updates, couldn't find anything for the drive. And this SSD is relatively small (only 120g) Do you think I should risk reconnecting my D: drive? Also, should I really look into changing the sata mode? What exactly does it do?

Well your SSD should run a little faster see here:
SSD Optimization Tips for Windows 10 You May Want to Know

Depending on your chipset you may need to actually install some AHCI drivers as you may only have IDE drivers installed. You can either download the chipset drivers from your motherboard support page or pop along to AMD's website:
amd.JPG

AMD's site is a little odd in that you first have to look for the latest graphics driver for the latest card and then click 'optional downloads' you can see highlighted in orange above:
Desktop

If you downloaded the version from the AMD site try the version from your support page. The last version they have available is found under Windows 8.1.

Trying the one from the gigabyte site now. Do you think I should try reconnecting my D: drive again? o_O still no idea if it was a driver issue or a hardware issue. And not having the extra storage is pretty hurting considering my ssd is only 120g.

Back
Top Bottom