Windows 10 Critical Process Died & Unexpected Store Exception

poyopliskin

Hello,
I've been getting a bunch of these BSODs for a very long time. It's been fairly frustrating to try and figure out what's been happening since the PC hangs long before it manages to dump any sort of meaningful logs as to why the BSODs occur. I've only had one exception where it actually managed to dump when CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED bsod happened. These BSODs usually happen at startup. As for the other one, let me explain later.

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED usually occurs at startup for me, as soon as I log in. I've never managed to get a dump file, but I had a very lucky incident where it actually dumped something worthwhile. Here's the download link to the minidump file. Upon startup, the PC locks up shortly afterwards, explorer.exe is unable to be interacted with and becomes unresponsive. Other windows also become unresponsive, then the screen turns black. Sometimes I'm still able to move my mouse, but the black screen and unresponsiveness is usually a sign that the BSOD is about to occur. Bizarrely, the BSOD doesn't happen if I open up a game that's CPU and graphically intensive, as soon as startup happens. And doesn't happen the entire time I have the game on. But as soon as I close out, my PC will inevitably run into the second kind of BSOD... UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION, when I'm just randomly browsing the internet or watching videos on Youtube. I can do those things with the game being on, but when there is no game running, 99.9% of the time it will result in a BSOD. Even leaving the PC alone with no game running has resulted in a BSOD. Otherwise, nothing happens when I idle with the game running.

UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION on the other hand happens usually after the game I'm running is closed. This BSOD also DOES NOT happen when I'm running games on it. I have never been able to get a dump file out of this. I have tested my RAM and SSD extensively, with CrystalDiskInfo showing 100% health, SeaTools showing no problems and memtest showing no errors. It's an extremely bizarre problem that I haven't been able to figure out, since I don't know anyone with the same problems I do. I haven't heard of anyone who's had BSODs as a result of lack of load on the PC. The PC is otherwise usable when I have a game running.

I've considered reinstalling Windows, but herein lies the other problem that I have. I was trying to reinstall Windows 10 using the mounted ISO, and all is well until it just tells me there's an error and it failed because it couldn't apply the image. What happened during the reinstall process was that my PC restarted shortly after the updates, but instead of restarting normally it went to the UEFI screen. Now, my PC has some weird issue where soon after the PC shuts off/restarts it doesn't boot to the SSD, it just goes straight to the UEFI settings. Exiting out of the UEFI simply loops back to the UEFI settings. When the UEFI is in this perpetual state of loop the SSD is NOT detected. The only way that I can make it boot into the SSD is by waiting a few minutes before pressing the power button again. Now this is a problem because there's a bunch of restarts happening during the Windows re-installation process, and instead of going back to the boot device it goes to the UEFI, and since it's in a perpetual loop in the UEFI I have to power cycle to get out of the loop. This causes the installation to fail. I'm at a loss. With this weird SSD and UEFI loop problem, I can't reinstall Windows. I do not have a USB to reinstall Windows at the moment, and it's kind of hard for me to get one right now due to current events and whatnot. I'm in the process of getting one from someone I know and it won't arrive for a few days. I'm willing to provide any other information if need be.

Specifications:
Motherboard: ASRock B360M-HDV
GPU: PowerColor Radeon RX580
CPU: i5 9400
SSD: SAMSUNG MZVLB256HAHQ-00000
RAM: A single stick of 8GB DDR4 at 2666MHz. No idea what the brand is.

Attachments

• 050120-6625-01.dmp
    584.2 KB · Views: 302
I have answer.
1. Critical process died is THAT SIMPLE it should be that a windows IMPORTANT application crashed or behaving not properly. may fix it reinstalling drivers. Or reinstalling WHOLE windows CLEANLY.
UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION Its same but windows couldn't handle something on your pc and the windows tried to access Windows SERVERS For help but failed and didnt know what to do. What should able to fix it:
1. Reinstalling windows (Most effective must try before trying others)
2. You wifi/cable has connection like 1 sec its on and 1 sec its oof. If you have a TpLink Or some kind of wifi to make it far more reacher this is the problem.
3. Drivers this may be with drivers tried to access Their Servers.
I had the same problems i reinstalled windows clean and fixed it magicly. if that doesnt work well take to an computer expert.

EDIT: If reinstalling doesnt work its probably with your computer motherboard/ssd/ram/cpu/gpu firmware

Hello,
I've been getting a bunch of these BSODs for a very long time. It's been fairly frustrating to try and figure out what's been happening since the PC hangs long before it manages to dump any sort of meaningful logs as to why the BSODs occur. I've only had one exception where it actually managed to dump when CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED bsod happened. These BSODs usually happen at startup. As for the other one, let me explain later.

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED usually occurs at startup for me, as soon as I log in. I've never managed to get a dump file, but I had a very lucky incident where it actually dumped something worthwhile. Here's the download link to the minidump file. Upon startup, the PC locks up shortly afterwards, explorer.exe is unable to be interacted with and becomes unresponsive. Other windows also become unresponsive, then the screen turns black. Sometimes I'm still able to move my mouse, but the black screen and unresponsiveness is usually a sign that the BSOD is about to occur. Bizarrely, the BSOD doesn't happen if I open up a game that's CPU and graphically intensive, as soon as startup happens. And doesn't happen the entire time I have the game on. But as soon as I close out, my PC will inevitably run into the second kind of BSOD... UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION, when I'm just randomly browsing the internet or watching videos on Youtube. I can do those things with the game being on, but when there is no game running, 99.9% of the time it will result in a BSOD. Even leaving the PC alone with no game running has resulted in a BSOD. Otherwise, nothing happens when I idle with the game running.

UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION on the other hand happens usually after the game I'm running is closed. This BSOD also DOES NOT happen when I'm running games on it. I have never been able to get a dump file out of this. I have tested my RAM and SSD extensively, with CrystalDiskInfo showing 100% health, SeaTools showing no problems and memtest showing no errors. It's an extremely bizarre problem that I haven't been able to figure out, since I don't know anyone with the same problems I do. I haven't heard of anyone who's had BSODs as a result of lack of load on the PC. The PC is otherwise usable when I have a game running.

I've considered reinstalling Windows, but herein lies the other problem that I have. I was trying to reinstall Windows 10 using the mounted ISO, and all is well until it just tells me there's an error and it failed because it couldn't apply the image. What happened during the reinstall process was that my PC restarted shortly after the updates, but instead of restarting normally it went to the UEFI screen. Now, my PC has some weird issue where soon after the PC shuts off/restarts it doesn't boot to the SSD, it just goes straight to the UEFI settings. Exiting out of the UEFI simply loops back to the UEFI settings. When the UEFI is in this perpetual state of loop the SSD is NOT detected. The only way that I can make it boot into the SSD is by waiting a few minutes before pressing the power button again. Now this is a problem because there's a bunch of restarts happening during the Windows re-installation process, and instead of going back to the boot device it goes to the UEFI, and since it's in a perpetual loop in the UEFI I have to power cycle to get out of the loop. This causes the installation to fail. I'm at a loss. With this weird SSD and UEFI loop problem, I can't reinstall Windows. I do not have a USB to reinstall Windows at the moment, and it's kind of hard for me to get one right now due to current events and whatnot. I'm in the process of getting one from someone I know and it won't arrive for a few days. I'm willing to provide any other information if need be.

Specifications:
Motherboard: ASRock B360M-HDV
GPU: PowerColor Radeon RX580
CPU: i5 9400
SSD: SAMSUNG MZVLB256HAHQ-00000
RAM: A single stick of 8GB DDR4 at 2666MHz. No idea what the brand is.

It's true Windows might be corrupt but before reinstalling try running these scans as they will repair files if they can:

Open an admin command prompt.
Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

In regards to bsod's, make sure your settings are set like thus:

Open the run application.
Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.

Is the RAM running under an xmp profile?

It's true Windows might be corrupt but before reinstalling try running these scans as they will repair files if they can:

Open an admin command prompt.
Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

In regards to bsod's, make sure your settings are set like thus:

Open the run application.
Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.

Is the RAM running under an xmp profile?
I'll try running sfc and dism. My ram is not running on an XMP profile. Dumps are enabled on my PC but they fail to create a dump most of the time as the system would completely hang as the BSOD occurs. I've had to run the PC in safemode as the BSODs have gotten worse especially from cold boots. The PC doesn't BSOD in safe mode. I wonder if it's one of my drivers.

EDIT: Nevermind, it just BSOD when I ran sfc in safemode with networking.

Hmm see if the sfc will run under just Safe mode with no networking (Dism won't work of course but let's see if sfc will finsih.)

If you've removed your pagefile or it's too low can be a reason for no dump file creation, if you haven't messed with it then no worries.

A faulty drive can also affect dump file creation, have you checked your up to date regarding firmware ect?

If you've removed your pagefile or it's too low can be a reason for no dump file creation, if you haven't messed with it then no worries.

A faulty drive can also affect dump file creation, have you checked your up to date regarding firmware ect?
I have pagefiles on both my C:/ drive and E:/ drive, and both are system managed. The BSOD just gets permanently stuck at 0%. I also don't know if my drive firmware is up to date as the M.2 SSD I have has barely any information on it let alone any information on the firmware or whether or not it needs updates. I just know that it's a PM981 model.

No not Magician, if you look further down the list you'll see there's a dedicated nvme driver.

No not Magician, if you look further down the list you'll see there's a dedicated nvme driver.
It's also kind of hard to do that since the PC only lasts about a minute before bsoding, using sfc scannow in safe word with command prompt only gets up to 50% before failing, and I don't know if it'll last long enough to copy the iso over to my usb.

A long shot, but could you try to look at the "View Reliability history"
That will show if there are any errors noted around the points in time that your computer has shown it´s errors....

(It should run in Safe Mode) Otherwise i would suggest you to REINSTALL WINDOWS 10 in a CORRECT MANNER...(correct drivers, correct install, correct everything by using a guide from WinGuider.se/en/ Even I who knows how to install correctly does use this help..

I really like the UNIVERSAL USB-flashdrive you get from following the guide, and that you get the correct basedrivers for both Intel and AMD computers on the USB-drive.. The helpfiles save a lot of time for me.. and I like that the computer really is completely READY to use when done..

It's also kind of hard to do that since the PC only lasts about a minute before bsoding, using sfc scannow in safe word with command prompt only gets up to 50% before failing, and I don't know if it'll last long enough to copy the iso over to my usb.
I see the nvme driver is only for the models quoted below.

This driver supports Samsung NVMe SSD 970 PRO, 970 EVO, 970 EVO Plus, 960 PRO, 960 EVO and 950 PRO.

That re-install is looking like the best shot at the moment.

Well I'm trying to reinstall. Do I select UEFI sandisk: partition 1 or USB sandisk when installing windows? Never reinstalled in a uefi compatible pc before.

I managed to reinstall. The first thing that happens, I open Edge. Then Edge closes. Guess what happens. Critical process died. Is it my ssd being faulty? I'm seriously tempted to download Arch Linux now.

Hi,

ok so when iinstalled windows did you install your drivers and then update windows?

Well I'm trying to reinstall. Do I select UEFI sandisk: partition 1 or USB sandisk when installing windows? Never reinstalled in a uefi compatible pc before.

It looks like you could do with some experthelp here..

You may try WinGuider.se/en for a simple yet effective help in these matters...

You get to create your own USB-stick with CORRECT basedrivers for both AMD and INTEL computers..
Then you are guided STEP BY STEP all the way to a professionally installed Windows 10, with drivers, with updates and all in one go.

I HIGHLY recommend it!

Back
Top Bottom