Windows 7 Docking Main Desktop Icons

Maryna

When I started windows 7 for the 1st time the main icons was neatly stacked at the top middle of my desktop. How can I get the same look back? I cannot find anything under personalize
:(

When I started windows 7 for the 1st time the main icons was neatly stacked at the top middle of my desktop. How can I get the same look back? I cannot find anything under personalize

I assume you mean your taskbar. If so, right-click in the taskbar, uncheck "lock the taskbar", and left mouse drag the task bar anywhere you want. If my assumption is wrong, give us a screen capture of what you are seeing.

The basic icons appeared in an icon box at the very top with recycle bin, computer, control panel etc. With other words it appeared separate from the task bar which was at the bottom. Unfortunately I do not have an example to show you.

The basic icons appeared in an icon box at the very top with recycle bin, computer, control panel etc. With other words it appeared separate from the task bar which was at the bottom. Unfortunately I do not have an example to show you.

Sounds like a manufacturer add-on. Run MSCONFIG from a command prompt and look for something that is loading. Disable that and you should be back to normal.

Main Icons boxed on desktop

I get the follwoing 3 options under the General Tab, which one should I choose?

txs
GENERAL

Lists choices for startup configuration modes:

Normal startup.
Starts Windows in the usual manner. Use this mode to start Windows after you're done using the other two modes to troubleshoot the problem.

Diagnostic startup.
Starts Windows with basic services and drivers only. This mode can help rule out basic Windows files as the problem.

Selective startup.
Starts Windows with basic services and drivers and the other services and startup programs that you select.

Hi Maryna, perhaps you want to simply right click on your desktop > view > allign icons ?

Back