Windows 8 Driver_Power_State_Failure BSoD Support

Anu Toussaint

Dear Forums,

I need help with solving my BSoD issue.

Since awhile I've started getting BSoDs. The thing is I can't seem to figure out what's exactly causing it. It once happened when I left my laptop on to download things.
The BSoD also occured when I was starting up a game I was about to play. So I am not entirely sure what's the exact reason for this BSoD. I have managed to successfully leave my laptop on without getting a BSoD so it's not being consistent at all.
I've followed the steps mentioned in the following thread (http://windowsforum.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help-with-a-bsod-problem.178480/).

I've enclosed the following in this thread:

W7F Diagnostic Tool Information
Windows Support BSoD Dump File Screenshot
CPU-Z Screenshots of every tab and a report as TXT and HTML file

I hope someone can help me solve this issue. Please let me know if there's anything missing. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Windows BSoD Support.zip
    788.4 KB · Views: 271
Hi Anu,
I'm just installing the debugging software now (I had to refresh my system).

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 9F, {3, ffffe00051beb060, ffffd000205ac930, ffffe0005633e010}

Probably caused by : pci.sys

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi Anu,
all your dump files are the same as the above and basically means a driver held on to a bit of information for too long creating a blockage. Debugging the dump file further tells me it was the graphics driver that caused the error.
Normally with laptops/notebooks and the like drivers are supplied by the manufacturer. Looking at the dates on the installed Nvidia driver I see it doesn't match the driver which is on your machines support page.
http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/X750LN/HelpDesk_Download/
(please ensure i have the correct page for your model)

nvlddmkm.sys Sat Sep 13 20:59:50 2014: Nvidia GPU driver

Try removing the above driver and installing the one on your machines support page. If you installed it via Windows updates then remember to not use windows updates to update drivers of any kind as it doesn't always get the best versions.

It looked like one or two drivers were later versions on the support page and it would be worth updating these.

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 9F, {3, ffffe00051beb060, ffffd000205ac930, ffffe0005633e010}

Probably caused by : pci.sys

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi Anu,
all your dump files are the same as the above and basically means a driver held on to a bit of information for too long creating a blockage. Debugging the dump file further tells me it was the graphics driver that caused the error.
Normally with laptops/notebooks and the like drivers are supplied by the manufacturer. Looking at the dates on the installed Nvidia driver I see it doesn't match the driver which is on your machines support page.
http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/X750LN/HelpDesk_Download/
(please ensure i have the correct page for your model)

nvlddmkm.sys Sat Sep 13 20:59:50 2014: Nvidia GPU driver

Try removing the above driver and installing the one on your machines support page. If you installed it via Windows updates then remember to not use windows updates to update drivers of any kind as it doesn't always get the best versions.

It looked like one or two drivers were later versions on the support page and it would be worth updating these.
How do I remove it exactly?

And about the link you gave do you want me to get the most recent one under the "VGA" drag down tab right?

Last edited:
To remove the old gpu driver you can either use Add or Remove programs or use this application here:
http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/

Yes use the latest one available in the support section.
There's a Intel Graphics Driver update from 06/06/2014 (Version V10.18.10.3345.02) and a Nvidia Graphics driver of 14/03/2014 (V9.18.13.3250). Should I consider both of these as the latest versions of their respective names and download both of them or just download the Intel Graphics driver seeing as its the most recent update of the two

Last edited:
Back