Windows 7 DVD drive not working in Windows 7 Pro

WindowsSeven42

I need help with Windows Seven Pro 32 bit I installed on a nice custom built PC on Monday, it refuses to see (4) different DVD/CDR drives.

I've tried the various methods for Disabling the Digital Driver Signing in Windows 7 but no luck.
F8, then selecting diable never worked, registry entry didn't work either.
The Device Manager will always show the drives but the Win7 Troubleshooting shows the problem as Not Fixed.
All (4) drives are from different brands and are either EIDE or SATA.
The current drive is a brand new (purchased 11/12/2009) Samsung SH-S223B ATA DVD drive.
I even updated the Bios on the Intel MLB and Firmware on the Samsung drive.

Using Windows 7 Build 7600 with completely updated as of 11/12/2009.

And here is the best part . . . the exact same hardware worked fine on Win7 RC I installed in August.:frown:

Help

Last edited:
I also had a problem with my dvd. I have reinstalled win 7 but haven't checked it. It would read but kept giving an error that it was set to write disk at once. There is something that needs fixing there.

Is the Digital River signing related to the drive problem?

Are you using these drives one at a time?

Have you tried updating the chipset drivers for the motherboard?

Have you made any changes regarding the IDE or ACHI options for any drives?

Since you hard drive is working, I am assuming you turned on the controllers in the bios.

How to Fix a missing DVD drive after Windows 7 Install

Fix missing DVD drive after Windows 7 Install
1. Click Start , and then click All Programs .
2. Click Accessories , and then click Run .
3. Type regedit , and then click OK . If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
4. In the navigation pane, locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
5. In the right pane, remove the LowerFilters registry entry.
6. On the Edit menu, click Delete .
7. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes .
8. In the right pane, click LowerFilters
9. Reboot the computer
*Note I recommend backing up the registry entry first*

You could try to have a look at the possible suggestions at this site: Windows 7 DVD Drive Not Working Problem Missing Disappeared Error Gone Not Found Not Recognized in x64 and x86

It seems like a rather common problem with windows 7.
cheers,
--mike

I need help with Windows Seven Pro 32 bit I installed on a nice custom built PC on Monday, it refuses to see (4) different DVD/CDR drives.

I've tried the various methods for Disabling the Digital Driver Signing in Windows 7 but no luck.
F8, then selecting diable never worked, registry entry didn't work either.
The Device Manager will always show the drives but the Win7 Troubleshooting shows the problem as Not Fixed.
All (4) drives are from different brands and are either EIDE or SATA.
The current drive is a brand new (purchased 11/12/2009) Samsung SH-S223B ATA DVD drive.
I even updated the Bios on the Intel MLB and Firmware on the Samsung drive.

Using Windows 7 Build 7600 with completely updated as of 11/12/2009.

And here is the best part . . . the exact same hardware worked fine on Win7 RC I installed in August.:frown:

Help

Back