Windows 7 Errors and Crashes with Windows Update

CesarA

Latest week, I've bought a new motherboard and a DDR3 Ram, as my older MB was DDR2.
But my computer started acting weird, so I formatted my HD and installed Windows 7 again.

When I tried to open Windows Update, Explorer.exe suddenly crashed and I had to restart it. Then I checked for updates. It took a while and it found them. When it was done downloading, the installation began. After some time, an error happened and no updates were installed. I tried again and the same thing happened. I restarted the PC and tried again, and some updates were installed this time, but the error came back. I restarted my PC, as some of the were installed. But another error happened and the installation couldn't be finished.

This Monday, I changed my MB again. But the error persisted.
The next day, I bought a new HD, as my old one was 4 years old, so I thought it was failing and it was the cause of all those errors. But the error still happened.

I've already checked for memory errors using memtest. And sfc /scannow never finishes.

I honestly don't know what could be the cause of this.

Thank you for your patience.

It's obviously a Windows problem, be it Windows in your computer or Windows in the link to update. I find it hard to believe that it is a hardware issue. It could be an activation matter? I suggest you contact Microsoft. They do provide support. :)

The system file check not finishing is not a good sign.

Where did you get your install media?

Continuing Titanic's thought, after you reinstalled, did you reactivate or enter the License key? If you did, you probably had to call Microsoft and go through the automated process. If you did not enter the key, this should not be an issue. Of course, if you have an OEM version, it cannot be transferred.

Windows Update problems can be caused by network problems, and there were a couple of updates around the time SP1 came out that were causing system problems.

If you do not know, you can download a Windows 7 Install DVD .iso file with SP1 already included.

The system file check not finishing is not a good sign.

Where did you get your install media?

I've downloaded it from the MSDNAA(DreamSpark). I thought that was the problem, so I even tried using an iso from DigitalRiver. But the same happened.

did you reactivate or enter the License key? If you did, you probably had to call Microsoft and go through the automated process.
Yes, I did. I got my key from the MSDNAA(DreamSpark) program.

If you do not know, you can download a Windows 7 Install DVD .iso file with SP1 already included.

I tried what you said - that is, downloading the Windows 7 version with SP1-
But the same problem happened.

Back
Top Bottom