Windows 7 Ethernet disconnect randomly and when using flash/playing a game

Rofl

My ethernet will disconnect randomly while i'm doing anything on it. When the first time it disconnect, I need to press the "scan for hardware changes" to fix it, disabling and enabling the network adapter results in a code 10(device cannot start). Then, windows install a new adapter named "Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller #2". After this if it disconnect again, it can be fixed by disabling and enabling it.

Also, when playing a flash game, the adapter disconnect very often, about every few minutes compared to a few hours if not. When watching a video on youtube, the same thing happens but clicking another video on the sidebar cause it to disconnect immediately.

When starting any online games, it also cause the ethernet to disconnect. But this time, the light on my router goes off as soon as the game loads for ~5 seconds before coming back on (note that when not playing a game and it disconnect, the router light never goes off), but i still can't use the internet (windows shows a red x on the network logo). Sometimes i would have to reset the ethernet adapter 3~4 times before it works again.

Using ASUS P7P55D-E Pro, and it searching on google it seems that quite a number of people using an asus mobo gets random ethernet disconnect.

I've tried reinstalling the drivers, used a different router, changed settings in the adapter (switched the settings one by one).

This started happening about 1 week ago, and it seems to be getting worse, the frequency of the disconnect is getting higher.

It seems that when it disconnect while i'm loading a page, it will keep loading for minutes until i disable the adapter, which it then displays an error.

Last edited:
First download the driver for your adapter from here Realtek the one marked
Win7 and WinServer 2008 R2 Driver7.0582012/5/22761k
Download and extract it to a new folder on your computer. Then use the following manual method to install it through device manager.
Driver Install - Manual Method

1. Download the driver and extract it to a folder.
  2. Open the Device Manager.
  3. Right click the device you wish to change the drivers for. You can select Properties > Driver > Driver Details to check you have the right device.
  4. Choose Update Driver Software.
  5. Select Browse My Computer For Driver Software.
  6. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
  7. Select Have disk...
  8. Select Browse..
  9. Navigate to the extracted folder and double click on the .inf file
  10. Hit OK, then Next and the driver(s) will then begin to install.
  11. After it has installed, GoTo C:\Windows\System32\Drivers. Locate the driver you've just updated, right click it and check the dates under its properties.
After which select the device in Device Manager, right click and choose properties. Select the Power Management tab and uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power."
Then right click "Computer" and choose properties, from the left column choose "Advanced system settings", select "Hardware" tab and click the "Device Installation Settings" button.
Select the "let me choose" button and then "Never installl driver software from Windows Update."
Reboot your system and see if any of that helps.
Regards
Randy

The file "Rt64win7.sys" in drivers folder was created 5 minutes ago. Dosen't seems to be disconnecting, hope this works.

Ok, disconneted again. This time, attempting to do anything to the driver(updating, disable, uninstall) will cause the device managwr to hang.

Managed to get it working only by restarting, this time it shows "controller #3", pressing the "scan for change on hardware cause it to install controller #2.

Can't seems to be able to get it working other then the few minutes after it install #2

Propeties of #2 says "No drivers was installed for this device".

I've notice while the adapter was disable, there is still a green light on the router and an orange one on the computer's port. The light on the router seems to go off for 5seconds every 30 seconds to a few minutes. This seems to match the frequency of the disconnection. Also while booting windows, the same things happen.

Disabling the marvell sata controller in the BIOS seems to help, it decreased the frequency of the disconnection from minutes to hours. Also the internet works right after starting up. Previously, when windows first load the ethernet never works. Gonna try to reinstall the drivers, hope this fixes the problem.

Not sure what the tie in might be between the Realtek network adapter and the Marvell SATA controller drivers, but if you think they might be related you could perhaps consider updating the driver for the Marvell controller as well from here Link Removed due to 404 Error
Good luck and keep us posted
Randy

Back
Top Bottom