Windows 7 Extreme slow with copying files

ADN

when i try to copy files ( amount 80GB ) from main HDD to seconed connected HDD not by USB but with case cable not sure its name sata port or something the copy progress speed average is 3mb/sec which very slow and by the way i have checked both HDD for enable write cashing and also both are through defragmented but still slow copy speed also for ur notice the files are big one single files iso not small files also i have tried many copy progs like extreme copy , tera copy beside the built in system explorer but all the same problem.

Try copying it by batches (2 to 3 files at a time) instead of copying the entire 80GB file in one go.

how is that can u explain more , and what is the difference cuz already tera copy transfer one by one not all at the same time ( file by file )

how is that can u explain more , and what is the difference cuz already tera copy transfer one by one not all at the same time ( file by file )

Try using the built-in system explorer to copy a select number of files (rather than all of them at once) and see if your speeds improve. Let us know if it doesn't help and we'll be happy to advise further. :)

It could be that you have a bad = cheap = low standard cable. Depending on version SATA should do at least 150Mb/s.

Also, SATA cables shouldn't be forced in strict 90 degree angles, only straight or round ones. You might want to straighten the cable as much as possible?

Finally, try another SATA port? And check your drivers, to have the latest.

Last edited:
Back