Windows 10 Finger Print Login Doesn't Work

hawkeye62

Extraordinary Member
I just bought a laptop with a finger print reader, Asus Q324UA. Device Manager reports the device is working and the driver is current. On Windows 10 logon options, the fingerprint setup finishes with a message that says finger print can now be used to logon. But, when I try to logon using the fingerprint reader, it gives a message that the fingerprint is not recognized. I have repeated the process several times with the same results.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Regards, Jim

This may help even if you didn't upgrade to Windows 10 After upgrade to Windows 10 - Fingerprint has no function

Thanks for your reply. I don't think the solution in the link applies here. My Asus is the latest and greatest. It doesn't have any fingerprint stuff in the BIOS settings. And the reader is an ELAN with ELAN drivers. The symptoms seem more like a Windows 10 bug in the use of the fingerprints. The set up works perfectly and finishes with a message that says the fingerprint sign on is ready to use. But, it doesn't recognize the fingerprint when I try to sign on.

Regards, Jim

Back