Windows 7 Floopy softwere to run on windows 7 (64bit)

Mike 1

Can anyone help me, I am trying to load a program that I could use with XP and Windows 7 (32) bit, but it wont load on Windows 7 (64) bit and the company has gone out of business I have a exernal floopy drive the program was made for Windows 95 when I frist purchased it
any help would be helpful

Mike 1:confused:

What kind of program is it? I've got a Bike Log program like that and can't install from disk. I simply copied the entire file and went in and double clicked the registry file in it. Maybe you can find it on this site Old Versions of Windows Software - OldVersion.com It may be the old installer that doesn't work in 64 bit.
Joe

Morning Joe
Thanks for the Reply
I Have looked at the Softwere I am Trying to load, Its a Business Management System for The Small Business, Its requirements are a
program called a BORLAND DATABASE ENGINE I know it works in 32 but as of yet not in 64, If i could get to load on 64 I may be able to run it in Windows XP Service pack 3

Mike 1

You might check out XP Mode if you can't get it going. My Bike Log was a simple logging app with a few charts and tables.
Joe

Hi Patcooke
Have tryed BDE Express, Sorry did not work, thanks for giving me the tip

Mike 1

Can anyone help me, I am trying to load a program that I could use with XP and Windows 7 (32) bit, but it wont load on Windows 7 (64) bit and the company has gone out of business I have a exernal floopy drive the program was made for Windows 95 when I frist purchased it
any help would be helpful

Mike 1:confused:

I had the same problem with some older software that worked in XP. I installed the free software called VMWare Player, installed a licensed copy of XP and loaded my software in it. I now have an icon to get to Virtual XP and can now run my software.

Checkout XP mode if you have Windows 7 Pro or Ultimate and the XP is part of the download. It's not for Home editions.
Joe

Checkout XP mode if you have Windows 7 Pro or Ultimate and the XP is part of the download. It's not for Home editions.
Joe

I have Home Edition. That's why I had to use VMWare Player. Might also work for the OP.

I use VMware too and they have a good forum. If XP mode works you don't need to buy another liscensed copy of XP.
Joe

Hi Joe
I Have the Home Edition of Windows 7, so i think i will go and get Pro or Ultimate XP and give that a go

Mike 1

Hi Joe
I Have found the (Not Compatible) thats keeps poping up.

Big Red Cross
The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86(32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the softwere publisher, (END)
The program is (Smallbiz Business Software) I got it about 12 years ago, it was made for Windows 95 on Floopy

Mike 1

I Have found the (Not Compatible thats keeps poping up.

Big Red Cross
The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's to see whether you need an x86(32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the softwere publisher, (END)
The program is (Smallbiz Software) I got it about 12 years ago, it was made for Windows 95 on Floopy

Mike 1

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom