Windows 7 Forticlient No Longer Opens

tonys44

I am running Windows 7 Home 64-Bit. I use Forticlient to connect to my company's VPN. I have used it for over a year with no problems. About 2 weeks ago, I tried to open it and it would not open. I made several attempts with the same outcome. I checked to see if it was running using the Task Manager and Services and did not see anything. I decided to uninstall and reinstall but have had the same result after doing this several times, deleting registry entries, etc.

My company IT person has never experienced this problem and has no solution other than doing a system restore. I went to Forticlinet's website and could not find anything in their knowledgebase. I have also searched on the internet and cannot find anything.

I did install the Forticlient on another Windows 7 machine and it works fine. Has anyone else experienced a problem like this before?

The system restore sounds like a sensible option. If you decide to try it and it sorts the problem I would carefully monitor any system changes and updates to help identify the cause if the problem recurs.

The system restore sounds like a sensible option. If you decide to try it and it sorts the problem I would carefully monitor any system changes and updates to help identify the cause if the problem recurs.

Thanks. I should have noted that I already tried a system restore and it did not work.

Try uninstalling any updates which have been installed back to before the problem started.

Try uninstalling any updates which have been installed back to before the problem started.

Thanks again, but it still won't open. I uninstalled all of the Windows updates from October and then ran cccleaner. I tried to start the program again and it would not open. This one is a stubborn one!

But, many thanks for your suggestions.

Back