Windows 10 Frequent BSOD but no dump

TomGb

Hi,

Getting frequent (every 30/40 minutes) bsod with either UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION or CRITICAL PROCESS DIED. However, no dump files are being saved. Here are my settings:
upload_2017-3-17_14-46-10.png

The C:\Windows\minidump folder is present.

Have run sfc /scannow, chkdsk, dism all several times. No error reported. Have updated all drivers. Pagefile is appropriate size. Have attached system report and W7F folder although I can't see anything useful.

Assuming this is now a hardware issue but any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• SYSTEMREPORT.zip
    253.2 KB · Views: 269
  • W7F_17-03-2017.7z
    511.2 KB · Views: 201
Hi Tom,
it looks like your running Bitdefender? If so please remove and just use the onboard Defender (coupled with Malwarebytes, Defender runs fine).
Bitdefender is known (at least the older versions are) to cause issues so give it a try. McAFEE is another that can cause issues so if haven't go bitdefender let us know what you are running.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Have uninstalled Bitdefender. I only installed this after the issue began however. Been trying out various AV programs. Have left Malwarebytes in place.

If I remember correctly I saw Daemon tools as well which again is a known trouble maker.

No dump file can mean issues with the disk drive, when you ran a chkdsk did you make sure it would detect and repair broken sectors?
How to Fix Hard Drive Problems with Chkdsk in Windows 7, 8, and 10
The above guide will show you how

On your motherboard driver page I noticed two drivers for the chipset and you need both:
GA-Z68AP-D3 (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard | GIGABYTE

What's the system like if you boot into safe mode? Does the bsod still occur?

Daemon tools couldn't be uninstalled on Win10 anniversary edition but I have deleted the folder. Yes, chkdsk was run with /f and /r.

Have re-installed mobo drivers just in case.

Booted to safe mode and left it for an hour with no BSOD but obviously can't confirm it wouldn't have done. Crashed almost immediately when booted to safe mode with networking.

Cheers

Crashed almost immediately when booted to safe mode with networking.
Hmm... there are network issues when i looked through the logs via the dxdiag.
I also went through your drivers again and noticed this:

GVTDrv64 . sys : Gigabyte Easy Tune 6 driver (known BSOD issues Windows especially windows 7)

If you have anything else like this installed please remove. I would view any third party application as suspicious. If you were getting dump files we could run the Driver verifier unless you want to try it anyway? I do not recommend trying the verifier unless you have a rescue USB/disk for windows 10. You can download the files here:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb...3a5-a286-9e98f886d490/create-a-recovery-drive

Once it's created then try the verifier which shouldn't be left running longer than 24hrs. Even though you might not get a dump file you may well see whats written on the blue screen?

A great guide on running the verifier:
Driver Verifier - BSOD related - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista - Windows Crashes, BSOD, and Hangs Help and Support

The dates on your drivers suggest to me that an application was used to find the drivers? If so then this could be part of the issue as these apps often cause more trouble due to incorrect downloads.

Yes, not sure what the network problems are.

I'm pretty sure that driver is safe but have removed it anyway. I'm probably not going to run the verifier as I don't think it will really help at this stage. I can see what's written on the BS when it happens.

I did use an app to install a bunch of new drivers at once but again this was an attempted fix after the issue has already began so wouldn't be a cause.

It seems like this isn't getting fixed so I'll try a system reset then a new SSD if it keeps happening. Thanks for your help anyway, appreciate it.

Thanks for the update Tom.

If the bsod persists try stripping the pc back to it's basics, no apps just drivers, same with drives remove all but your C drive.

Best of luck!

Reset didn't work. However, I believe it was an issue with my SSD firmware. My os is on an old crucial M4 and apparently these particular drives have an issue whereby they start giving BSOD every hour or so (my symptoms) for no apparent reason once they reach a certain age. Updated the firmware to the latest version and have now had 3 hours with no BSOD.

Nice job Tom, let's hope it lasts. Any problems please post back and well done!

Back
Top Bottom