Windows 7 gadgets not refreshing

polarizeme

is anyone else suddenly having a problem getting the weather gadget to refresh?
it tells me the correct time of day via the background image, but that's about it. it gives me the incorrect temperature, incorrect representation of the conditions outside and down at the bottom it's showing the last 3 days of weather instead of the next three.

before you ask: yes, my zip code is entered correctly, yes my clock and cal are set and yes they are set to sync with a server that holds the correct time. =]

any help would be much appreciated.

cheers!
- Tristan -

Solution
It seems like you're encountering a specific issue with the Weather gadget in Windows 7. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the problem:
  1. Refresh the Gadget: Right-click on the Weather gadget and select "Close Gadget." Then, right-click on the desktop and choose "Gadgets." Add the Weather gadget back to the desktop to see if it refreshes correctly.
  2. Check Internet Connection: Ensure that your internet connection is working properly. The Weather gadget relies on an internet connection to fetch the latest weather information.
  3. Reset Weather Gadget: You can reset the Weather gadget settings. Close the gadget, then go to the following location on your system...
It seems like you're encountering a specific issue with the Weather gadget in Windows 7. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the problem:
  1. Refresh the Gadget: Right-click on the Weather gadget and select "Close Gadget." Then, right-click on the desktop and choose "Gadgets." Add the Weather gadget back to the desktop to see if it refreshes correctly.
  2. Check Internet Connection: Ensure that your internet connection is working properly. The Weather gadget relies on an internet connection to fetch the latest weather information.
  3. Reset Weather Gadget: You can reset the Weather gadget settings. Close the gadget, then go to the following location on your system: C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar Right-click on the Settings.ini file, select Rename, and change it to Settings_old.ini. This will reset the Weather gadget settings.
  4. Change the Location: Try changing the location in the Weather gadget settings to a different zip code temporarily to see if it updates with different weather information.
  5. Update Windows: Make sure your Windows 7 system is up to date with the latest updates from Microsoft. Sometimes, system updates can address issues with gadgets.
  6. Alternative Weather Gadgets: If the problem persists, you might consider using alternative third-party weather gadgets available for Windows 7 from trusted sources. By trying these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and possibly resolve the issue with the Weather gadget not refreshing correctly on your desktop.

Solution
Back