Windows 7 Games that Work and Games that Don't.

RollerCoaster Tycoon 3

I don't think it's been mentioned before so I'll just say that the version of RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 which has 'Vista compatible' on the front of the box and also the expansion pack 'Soaked' work on Win 7 32 bit, retail edition.

Crysis Ok
COD MW2 Ok
COD4 Ok
COD2 Ok (Run installer in Win XP SP3 Compatibility Mode)
Far Cry Ok ( Ditto)

Stransky

Hi, could anyone tell me if comand and conquer generals and C&C zero hour will work on windows 7
thank you
michael

I have a system with an I5 cpu, ATI 4650 HD video card (1gb dedicated memory), 6gb DDR3 RAM, Windows 7 64bit, directx 11. Anyone have recommendations which games I should get that wouldn't give me a hassle, no downgrade to directx 9 or downloading missing .dll's and will work out of the box?

...If not I'll just wait until there are games that are specially made for windows 7.

hey Pelfresne, can u tell me how u made star wars lego and swkotr work? i donwloaded it and tried to use a hundred cracks for both of them and tried to reinstall too but when it comes to play the game it doesnt work! star wars lego worked once but then after that it keep having the same problem it says that the legostarwars.exe stopped working. i dont know what to do anymore and its not only with these two games every game i downloaded doesnt work!! i thought it had something to with the crack but i installed games like empire at war with cd and they didnt work even i was using the original cd, can anyone please help im lost here

Hi,
I have the exact same problem with X3 terran conflict as the quote below

the TAGES scheme wont allow me to see the DVD in the drive, do i download the NODVD to get round this ?

many thanks

The Witcher Enhanced Edition - works fine with NODVD patch, otherwise the Tages scheme will not let you see the dvd in the drive.[/QUOTE]

hey Pelfresne, can u tell me how u made star wars lego and swkotr work? i donwloaded it and tried to use a hundred cracks for both of them and tried to reinstall too but when it comes to play the game it doesnt work! star wars lego worked once but then after that it keep having the same problem it says that the legostarwars.exe stopped working. i dont know what to do anymore and its not only with these two games every game i downloaded doesnt work!! i thought it had something to with the crack but i installed games like empire at war with cd and they didnt work even i was using the original cd, can anyone please help im lost here

For me Lego Star Wars worked fine right off but for KOTOR I had to download a patch and run in vista compatibility mode but after that it worked... the fact that none of your games are working I find a bit suprising though... your hard drive might be damaged.

i dont know i dont think my hard drive is the problem because i got the lego star wars to work twice and i have downloaded two games that worked. i think the problem may have been with the video card, when i tried to install the empire at war with the original cd, and may the swkotor and sw lego files i downloaded were corrupted and it didnt work. i will try to get a new video card to see if it works if it dont i have no idea what it is again :(
thanks for the help i really nedeed it :)

I did a clean install of the 32-bit Windows 7 and am getting crashes on:

Titan Quest (freezes within minutes)
Torchlight (usually after 20 minutes or so, the graphics fail or stutter)

The latter one is disconcerting because the system requirements are so low. I ran the System Requirements Lab software and those games aren't supported. I didn't bother to even re-install Guild Wars because SRL showed it a unsupported.

I hope they plan on upgrading the game compatibility. I love everything else about it.

Hi All
Since my last post in this thread I have installed the retail vers of Win 7 Home Premium and while the games:

COD 2 (Win XP compatibility mode)
Farcry 2
Crysis
COD 4
COD Mod War 2
LOTR

all run ok, when I installed "The Elder Scrolls Oblivion" it would not run except in XP mode SP2 but when I finish and come out of the game it freezes on the exit screen and I have ot Ctrl, Alt, Delete to recover to the desktop. Has anyone had this problem (assuming they play Oblivion) and if so are aware of a fix.

Stransky

Douglas

Yes it's an old game but Links 2003 is a yes AND no under Win 7. Yes with ATI (and some older nVidia) video cards. No with newer nVidia 9xxx and 2xx series cards. There is a 3D issue with the drivers. nVidia is aware of it, not known if they will get it fixed. I have to boot into XP to play it. It crashes every time under Win 7 with my 9800GTX+ OC 1Gb.

Sam

does kotor 1 and 2 work with windows 7?
also does the force unleashed work?
how about mass effect 1?

i know for sure that halo 1, age of empires 2, lego star wars, and need for speed carbon work on windows 7.

prince of persia 2008(skidrow)

No matter what i did i never could be able to play Prince of Persia 2008 on my windows 7 ultimate 7600 32 bit.

My
graphic card is ati radeon hd4650 3gb ram
directx 11 {feb 2010 redist is added}
cpu is intel core 2 duo 2.53
ram 3 gb

I tried everything i found on the web.
Vertical sync
vertical refresh
troubleshooting with xp sp2 and vista sp1

I just have a black screen and no menu, nothing but black screen.

Back
Top Bottom