Windows 7 Games that Work and Games that Don't.

Well, I got very annoying problem with "Medieval - Total War" (it's the first Medieval - not Medieval II).

I have installed this and installed also Viking Invasion pack. So now it's something like ver. 2.01 or 2.00

I run the game in Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatibility mode. Sometimes everything seems to run just fine and after I press End turn button I can still play but (that's very random) the game crashes - I have noticed that when I try to preview a status of one of my provinces using right mouse click suddenly I see black screen and the game crashes.

Has anyone problems with Medieval already on Windows 7 x64 ?
It's a repack version of the game but what I have noticed the game crashes only on the main map. Never during a battle.

Of course I have got latest Nvidia drivers and DirectX and ... hmmm I really don't know.

My rig is stable and every (almost every game) runs smoothly on Win7.

What could be a problem ? The game itself ?

P.S. One more thing - I have got Logitech MX Revolution and I have found out that x64 software (Setpoint) is a little bit "fussy" - for example muting in Thumbscroll sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, and I got the latest release of this software.

If anyone else has this problem I can assure them it's solvable. Try restarting your computer first. You should probably do something more but I can't remember what :p
I'm playing UT3 via Steam and I get a box saying "Preparing to launch Unreal Tournament 3...", it closes down as usual but then nothing happens.

It's a 9 month old Alienware computer I'm pretty sure of all things the CPU is not going to need cleaning and everything else works fine on it it's just that one game.

So it seems like this is a common issue but I cannot seem to get Crysis working on my computer. Has anyone found a solution to this?

So it seems like this is a common issue but I cannot seem to get Crysis working on my computer. Has anyone found a solution to this?

Crysis should be fine,

1. What Crysis title are you talking about? Can you get to Crysis menu?
2. What is your hardware and OS bit (32/64)?
3. Are your video drivers up to date?

Battlefield 2, Burnout Paradise, FSX, Cabela's Big Game Hunter (2006-present) are all working..
FSX works-yes and no. It has strange errors in Win7 which it doesn't have in Vista or XP. Like the "add scenery" error. FSX in win7 is allways a balancing act on a high wire. If your lucky your trouble free. If you use the dropdown menu to much FSX will crash [win7-64bits-] FSX has lots of reasons to crash plus some more in Win7.So yes it works, but not as it should. :(

sp1 doesn't change a thing as it is a compilation of updates. since I've been using the sp1 for more than a month [the oem/ zip via this forum] i know that things haven't changed and the problems in FSX are still the same.
If this thread has been shut why did I get a notice of change in the subject yesterday?

Crysis should be fine,

1. What Crysis title are you talking about? Can you get to Crysis menu?
2. What is your hardware and OS bit (32/64)?
3. Are your video drivers up to date?

The original Crysis, the drivers are up to date, and check my computer specs for hardware.

sp1 doesn't change a thing as it is a compilation of updates. since I've been using the sp1 for more than a month [the oem/ zip via this forum] i know that things haven't changed and the problems in FSX are still the same.
If this thread has been shut why did I get a notice of change in the subject yesterday?

You miss the intent, a lot of this thread was about the BETA builds long before RTM let alone SP1, much of the issues no longer apply. Nobody said this was shut, just need to be revamped for post SP1 users as you should be current now its out on general release through windows updates, yes SP1 is just fixes...surely thats the very point I'm putting across. To many folk trolling old posts on this thread that were about BETA windows 7, which just adds to the confusion. Adding a new thread for people only about current windows build makes more sense.

As for FSX, it's a bit much really to expect any developer to fix issues on 5 year old games, although in my tests it ran fine even on the RTM edition.

Last edited:
Back