Windows 7 Games that Work and Games that Don't.

FSX works but has crashes when in flight you go to the menu.
Freezes for seconds when change view distance of the default GPS.
Has weird behavior when trying to add scenery.
[ add scenery: normal procedure until clicking OK, then click in an empty space next to the folders that has just poped-up. most likely scenery+ texture or scenery alone or scenery texture and orher stuff as documents etc]
I think I notice a drop in framerates compared to Vista.

Games that didn't work:

Assassin's Creed; the save game would consistantly dissappear (and not come back).

Fifa 2010; Would look as if someone was taking very slow snapshots of the game and running it on a slideshow projector till you got to the Main Menu then once you've tried to play would just get to the field and not doing anything but freeze. At least you got to hear the commentator

World in Conflict; Worked flawlessly when I had upgraded to 7 from Vista and the game was on Vista the first time round. I had reformatted and placed WiC on 7 and it wouldn't even load up.

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate (Oem)
AMD Phenom II x4 920
Corsair XMS DDR2 4gigs
Seagate 1tb 7200rpm HDD
ATI Radeon 5700 series

Okay, I have an old machine:
AMD Athlon XP 2600+ (1.912 GHz)
1 GB memory
GeForce 8600GS 512 MB

CoD, CoD2, CoD UO all have the same issue "Buffer Overrun" They all ran fine in XP. I've reinstalled the games but that hasn't helped. I've tried CoD in Windows 7 compatibility mode but that didn't help either.
Any ideas? Answers?
AdvThanksance:confused:

game that works

GTA SA works fine, i play it all the time...

you may need to run it in compatibility mode for XP SP3... thats what i do.. ^_^ ..

Simon 4 doesnt work

SIMON 4 is not working on W7..
while installing itself i get error..
:confused:

hey everyone, i'm not much of a gamer but on occasion i like to play the Medal of Honor games. I have a dell dimension 3000 "relic" and my video card is useless on most games. I bought Medal of Honor airborne last year figuring i could play it as all the other Medal of Honor game's worked ok but... Nope..

So next month i'm buying a new dell... here is what i have so far. My question is, will the older games work with this? Will the Call of Duty game's run?

Inspiron 546 MT

Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English
Processors AMD Athlon™ II X2 240 (2.8GHz, 2MB)
Memory 4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz- 4 DIMMs

Hard Drives 500GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache™

nVidia GeForce GT 220, 1024MB

Last edited:
hey everyone, i'm not much of a gamer but on occasion i like to play the Medal of Honor games. I have a dell dimension 3000 "relic" and my video card is useless on most games. I bought Medal of Honor airborne last year figuring i could play it as all the other Medal of Honor game's worked ok but... Nope..

So next month i'm buying a new dell... here is what i have so far. My question is, will the older games work with this? Will the Call of Duty game's run?

Inspiron 546 MT

Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English
Processors AMD Athlonâ„¢ II X2 240 (2.8GHz, 2MB)
Memory 4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz- 4 DIMMs

Hard Drives 500GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cacheâ„¢

nVidia GeForce GT 220, 1024MB

In theory they should work fine

Can't get Halo 2 to run. Some sort of problem with windows live. Noticed that some of you say you can get it to play. Any suggestions. Have W7 64 bit oem and new install of Halo 2. Installs OK but can't connect to windows live. Forget the exact message and have since uninstalled game. Thanks.

Hi guys, im new in the forum...im from Argentina.
Im thinking to upgrade my Dual Core PC to a Quad Core or I7 new PC. And therefore upgrade my Windows XP SP3 to Windows Seven.

So my question is:
Counter-Strike 1.5 (is the best CS for me, i love classics) and Lineage II Gracia Final 2 Throne works in Windows Seven?

PD: Also if you guys can recomend me some good PC configs (exclusive for gamers)

Like what procesador for games is better AMD Phenon II or Intel I7??? Is true I7 does 8 process at same time....like Quad does 4 process??

What video card is better 1gb PCI Express or 512mb video card but compatible with DDR3??

What motherboard and hard disc are better??

I have save around 1500-2000 US$ for expend in my new PC.

I heard none of the Medal of Honor games are working with Windows 7, is this true?

Last edited:
Games that Work:
---------------------
Age of Wonders 2
Aliens vs. Predator Gold (easiest fix is the new, ported executeable)
Battlezone I & II (both need the "Vista tweaks")
Company of Heroes
Counter Strike: Source (can join games, but can't host for reason)
Diablo II with Lord of Destruction expansion
Dawn of War Gold Edition (DoW and Winter Assault exp.)
Dawn of War Dark Crusade
Left 4 Dead
Lord of the Rings Online
Neverwinter Nights (no problems so far)
Sins of a Solar Empire
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (has always had problems, so it takes work to get it running properly)
Starcraft (game works fine, but menu screens are corrupted and Xfire messes up all screens)
Team Fortress 2
Warcraft III with Frozen Throne expansion

Games with Issues:
--------------------------
Dungeon Siege -- Haven't found a fix for this, yet
STEAM -- Has a few kinks to work out
Xfire -- Has a few kinks to work out

Games That May Cause Problems:
----------------------------------------
Old DOS games (latest version of DOSBox seems to work well)
Outcast
System Shock 2 (this one was hard to run on XP, much less a newer OS)
Ultima IX
Windows '95 games (I still have a bunch of these -- lack of DirectX 6 support is a big problem)

-Khalaq

Yeah it's ancient but System Shock 2 is a great game (as was the original). I tried re-installing it and got the "DX6.1 Limitation" alert. Install aborted. The weird thing is that I tried running the game within Win7 from my previous XP Pro installation (my XP disk is still connected) and the game started and ran at least through the start of a New Game. Moved around a bit, basic controls seemed fine. But there was no sound. I tried the Speaker Test from the control panel and got nothing. I actually did a wholesale copy of the SS2 directory from my XP disk to my 7 disk and the program ran again, but still no sound.

Anybody have any ideas on how to get this to work?

Last edited:
Hi guys, was wondering if anyone had tried out any of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series yet? Buying a new rig this week with windows 7 on it and dont want to sacrifice my 2 favourite games (those being S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC and CS)

Oh, and has anyone run steam on windows 7 yet?

Thanks

Last edited:
Halo 2

Did a complete reinstall of Windows 7 and now Halo 2 works just fine. Think the problem may have something to do with CCleaner. Read somewhere that CCleaner removes some files that are needed for other programs to run. Am too lazy (and spending too much time playing Dragon Age) to run CCleaner and remove stuff item by item to see what files are really needed :) but maybe someday.

Games that work so far
-Star Wars Galaxies (had to run in compatability mode for XP sp2)
-Star Wars Republic Commando
-Tom Clancy's Endwar
-The Sims 3
-Sim City 4 (has some graphics issues but runs fine overall)
-Spore
-Medal of Honor Airborne (had to uninstall directX to install but after installed it worked fine)
-Flight Simulator X
-Civ City Rome

Games that havn't worked
-Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic (I've done everything for this including running in compatability mode for everything, running as an administrator, and updating the drivers but it still only runs for a couple minutes before it crashes)

Overall I'm satisfied with Windows 7 but help with KOTOR would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom