Windows 10 Get rid of settings and allow only control panel?

Vetral32

Is there an application to remove settings (Or stop it from opening) and give all the settings back to Control Panel? Because I always used Control Panel back when I used Windows 7. Now I'm on Windows 10 and trying to make it look like Windows 7 but this 1 problem is kinda stopping me. Also another question. Is there a help and support built into Windows 10? Because I use an application called StartIsBack but there isn't any Help And Support function built in. But you can add custom folders. Thanks! -Vetral32

You can't as settings is the new way of doing things. Now if it was up to me control panel would be gone. Even some of the control panel items now open settings so it does to me seem pointless. Sorry

Hi

I was going to say, that you can just chose Control Panel by right clicking on the start icon, but I just looked and that option has disappeared.

I guess they really do want people to stop using it.

I feel you pain, as someone who has used Windows since Windows 3.1 the Control Panel is where I always went for a lot of things, like printer and mouse settings, etc.

I guess we will just have to get used to it.

Mike

PS. Click on the Start Icon, scroll down to the W and look for Windows System.
In Windows System, right click on Control Panel, and select Pin to Start.

It's not quite dead yet.

Last edited:
I won't be popular for this, but here goes. I do wish it would die. Most new users will instantly get settings.

As it's already been stated, the Control Panel is being phased out. With each new build release more and more settings are being migrated to the SystemSettings.exe. Command prompt is also being phased out in favor of powershell.

for those in favor of keeping the control-panel … i present to you the keyboard's "win-key" and "x" (perhaps this is a "power-menu"?). pressed in tandem, offers a single-touch for control-panel as well as command-console … regrettably nothing for power-shell. however … i can imagine this might be remedied with a simple registry tweak?

You could always make a god mode shortcut on the desktop. Enable 'God Mode' in Windows 10 Though I believe there is some issues with creating this shortcut on the latest build of Windows 10 have not tested it yet though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom