Windows 7 "Get Windows 10 App" not working

Marsh7196

Hi all

Recently figured out how to get the "Get Windows 10" app on my task bar but now the only problem is I can't get it to work, when I click on it starts up and says Please Wait but closes after a second of being open, any solutions?

Cheers

It should pull down automatically. I guess my question is how did you "get" it. There should be a folder called GWX in the System32 folder. Full path: C:\Windows\System32\GWX there should be a executable called GWX.exe. Try running the following command from an elevated command prompt, "Run As Administrator", C:\Windows\System32\GWX\GWX.exe /updateconfig

As far as I know, Windows 10 isn't available yet as the free update. It'll be available in late July, or something, this year. Microsoft has promised to send it automatically - once you get the message, you can decide whether to update or not.

They will give out Windows 10, for the next year, for anyone that has a pot to piss in. So don't worry about it. No matter what the error is, you'll have the chance to upgrade to Windows 10. Even by phone if necessary. They need your information to sell to their partners.

Back