Windows 10 Getting BSOD on Wake from Sleep (Faulty_Hardware_Corrupted_Page)

XEROenvy

Hello.

First time posting so I tried to read the rules on what's expected and have collected the dump file and other info that I will attach.

As stated in the title I keep getting an annoying BSOD that states "FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE" and I first tried to search online for this issue but it was not fruitful and I don't have any hardware changes I can identify that have caused this. Initially I thought it was a new RAM module I put in since I already had a working 8GB module and added a 4GB module. But since I removed the new module after running tests on the memory it still occurs so it's not the new memory. Please let me know the best way for me to help and what you might find in the dump files.

Edit: I get this normally on waking from sleep...however I do recall it occurring mid-use. I often have many programs open but generally browsing the web not necessarily anything intensive like gaming.

Attachments

• W7F_09-06-2016.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 400
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {ffffe001dcb22440, fffff80172c5ce9c, 0, d}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+ce9c )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
along with the Bugcheck 12B dump files you also had a couple of dump files blaming the gpu driver. AMD have recently released a new driver so try that. Use the display driver uninstaller to remove your old driver first though as this cleans out anything that shouldn't be there ready for the new driver:
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.6.1 Release Notes

Your drivers need updating in general and this is made easier as all the updates can be found here:
GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1150 - GA-Z97X-UD3H (rev. 1.0)

Check the device manager after updating the drivers and see if any yellow question marks can be seen.

Several of your dump files indicated that the hard drive might have some corruption. So i checked on your HDD:
Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives
------------------------
Drive: C:
Free Space: 13.2 GB
Total Space: 120.7 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: SanDisk SDSSDHP128G

The system requirements state that for 64bit Windows 10 you need at least 20GB for the os to work effectively. I would go further and say you'd be better off with double that at around 40GB.
This is probably where some of your issues stem from and you need to seriously create some space on the C drive. As a rule you should always leave around 25% of the drive free.

post any new dump files.

Thank you so much for the analysis!

I have a few questions as I work to act on what you said...

1. The dump files indicated possible HDD corruption? If that is the case how can I see that or was that leading into the HDD not having enough space and there the files are alright?
2. Since I first got the PC and build it there was always an issue where there were unrecognized bus controllers or components that even when I tried to install the latest drivers never became recognized and always showed up as question marks in device manager. I will see since that was back near Windows 8.1 where it stands now.

The dump files indicated possible HDD corruption
Yes, one bugcheck was for FAT file corruption which is a little odd but in any case it's basically down to what type of dump files there are as well as what's contained in them that tells you something might not be right.

Since I first got the PC and build it there was always an issue where there were unrecognized bus controllers or components that even when I tried to install the latest drivers never became recognized and always showed up as question marks in device manager. I will see since that was back near Windows 8.1 where it stands now.
If you do find some please let us know or even better take a screenshot.

The "?" in Device Manager sound like you did not install the chipset driver which should be the first driver you install.

Back