Going all in on Microsft

Axel PC

So I'm trying a little (actually big) experiment. I'm switching over to all Microsoft services and products; Edge, email, music, Office, and apps. Does anyone have any tips or recommendations? Or some good websites that are dedicated to being all in on Microsoft, maybe some aspirin to use as I migrate over lol?

Am I crazy???

Axel PC

OK so already I'm having issues with Edge. On a certain financial site the menus don't work right or get stuck. And then on a major car manufacture site some of the pages don't load. Pages where you'd look up car parts and a results window comes up inside the page. Wow this is already disappointing.

The mobile browser is slick looking. But man it lets in a ton of ads and pages take longer to load. With Firefox and all the right extensions loaded this isn't an issue.

Anyone else have similar issues with Edge?

Axel PC

Man the Microsoft launcher looks nice and some neat features but crashes and slows my phone down.

Anyone use the Microsoft launcher for Android?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Mike

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
So I'm trying a little (actually big) experiment. I'm switching over to all Microsoft services and products; Edge, email, music, Office, and apps. Does anyone have any tips or recommendations? Or some good websites that are dedicated to being all in on Microsoft, maybe some aspirin to use as I migrate over lol?

Am I crazy???
I don't recommend this. LOL. I can't recommend it. Google offers better services for this, IMO. I do not use any of this stuff, especially the launcher. Never happening. I still use Office, but thats about it. I would run Linux before Windows Server, unless I needed domain controller in a medium to large enterprise environment. I don't see the need. With Azure you get some interesting stuff, and I guess, similarly with Office 365, but it is similar to other offerings. The difference is, is that if you have an Android phone, having Microsoft as your main platform becomes a pain in the butt, since you already have Google contacts, etc. If this changes, maybe I'd consider it, but probably not. Don't get me wrong. I like Windows and Microsoft products. But I'm not entirely sold on "entering their ecosystem and never leaving"!

Axel PC

Lol yeah I knew there'd be some head aches but since I'm running Windows 10 I figured why not.

I agree that Google's services are better in that they run smoother, more intuitive interface, more polished and up to date.

Cortana is neat and fun at the simple weather and tell me a joke stuff. But can't compete with Google's ability to continue to ask questions about the same topic.

I can't decide whether to use Mail/Calendar or Outlook on my laptop. That'd be so confusing for someone new to this. And both calendars can't hold a candle to Google calendar: features, nice looking UI, and consistency across devices.

Edge... OMG. I want it to work well. But it's slow with menus opening, certain extensions I use are annoying slow. But I do enjoy surfing the web on it.

But I'm gonna stick out a few more weeks see what else I can complain about. And post here about it. You can post the I told you so comments lol.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.