Windows 10 Graphic card problem.....

Hello!

I'm stuck with my Acer Aspire 5553G, laptop has that thing with 2 graphic cards(one lower with the CPU and extended). For some reason neither one of the drivers won't work. I tried even the automatic detection which finds my extended card and drivers for it but when I install it doesn't change a thing.

Attachments

• problem_1.PNG
    problem_1.PNG
    8 KB · Views: 445
Hi,
that is quite an old machine really have you checked it would be compatible with windows 10? I checked the laptops support page at Acer and the only drivers available are for Windows 7.
You could try uninstalling the previous drivers using the driver uninstaller:
DDU 15.4.0.0r2 Released - Wagnardmobile Forum
This will also removed any loose ends.
Try installing the latest laptop graphic drivers from AMD and Intel. If that doesn't work then try the support page and install under compatibility mode:
Download Drivers and Manuals | Acer Official Site

Wow, listen to this:

I uninstalled catalyst which INSTALLED drivers for my CPU graphic card. o_O (Still missing extended)
Maybe some w10 automatic install or smth I really don't know. Now I'll try to install chipset driver, will let you updated.

P.S.
This computer is mainly used with linux, but my dual boot W7 allowed me upgrade so I give it a try. :)

Finally, my oldie is goldie!

1. I upgrade to W10 and got horrific resolution(I could see in device manager my graphic card installed but with warning sign)
2. Tried to update it, failed. It was up to date.
3. Dxdiag showed me some basic card(better say no card)
4. I downloaded chipset drivers from official Acer page. Push install and it finished in couple of seconds(Something is fishy,imo).
5. OFC No.4 didn't work.
6. Well let's try to uninstall and install again(nowadays called reinstall :D ).
7. WUT???? my resolution is fine WTF just happened?!?!? Uninstall brought my video card to life.
8. Quickly to the device manager....... I can see my graphic cards, let's try right click and update.

9. IT WORKED. Somehow. Don't know. :monkey::very_drunk::very_drunk::very_drunk::very_drunk::very_drunk::very_drunk::very_drunk:

Heh.. :) That's great! I don't know how but hey it's working so good job and if you should get any other issues just post back.

Back
Top Bottom