Windows 7 Hardware ans some software not working in Windows 7

Cuspchild

Hello there,

I am a new member seeking some assistance.
I have Vista Ultimate on one desktop ( Dual Core 2.8)
Vista Ultimate on one Toshiba Laptop (Core 2 Duo 2 1.5)
Windows 7 Ultimate one HP 1610B laptop, (Core 2 duo 2.0)
Windows RC Build 7100 on one gaming Desktop, (Core 2 Duo 2.13)
and Windows XP Media centre on one desktop. (Pentium 4 3.2 HT)

Now my problems are these .... my hardware which was purchased for XP only woks on the XP machine.
This hardware include
HP Photosmart 8540 and Laserjet 1320; Canon IP 4300; HP all in one 1350 and my HP Deskjet 4600
Formerly they work on ALL machines when they ran XP Pro and XP Media Center
I've tried serching for updated drivers but nothing works. Indeed in some instances HP and Canon state the equipment is not supported in Vista or Windows 7.

It is not only problems with ther hardware, but also most software seem not to be supported. Office 2007 still works in all systems... but I cannot print or scan other than on the XP Media center machine which is the very slow Pentium 4 3.2 HyperThreading. ... I am seriously thinlking of downgrading to XP to be able to continue using my hardware and software. Are there any fixes for my problems... Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

as far as I know, HP all in one doesn't updated the software since XP version so no possibility to run it on Vista nor 7. You can get the drivers for your printer for Vista from HP support site, it will work with 7 version for sure. Canon, no idea...

Help request for Vista Drivers

Thanks to those who took time to reply to my appeal for help. I have been able to install and run the Vista drivers for the HP Scanjet 4600, the Hp Photosmart 8450. I also found a driver for the Canon IP4300, but will attempt to install it tonight. Next stop is to try to find and install the drivers for the Windows 7 systems. Again thanks for your help.

Back